mad dash for the shootout

19TbirdSC91

well...as of last night at 10 pm, I am the proud owner of a 1989 Cougar XR7 Automatic...BUT the kicker is, it needs the master cylinder changed and everything, because it seriously has NO brakes at all right now...so me and shane have to hurry up and get the brakes working like tonight so i can drive it around the next couple of days to make sure that it will make it to the shootout and back...so that's the run down of the evenings festivities...wish us luck, and it looks like im back in the game guys!!! hell yeah.

it may not be as bad as originally thought, it may just be the accumulator, that will make life a hell of a lot easier...i'll keep ya'll updated...

19TbirdSC91 said:
it may not be as bad as originally thought, it may just be the accumulator, that will make life a hell of a lot easier...i'll keep ya'll updated...

Sean...it could be much worse. I just spoke to Chris Lazzo and his new motor is still on an engine stand waiting for special head gaskets and tonight he found out his balancer doesn't fit. He still plans to be racing the car Sunday, so there is going to be some long hours worked the next two days.

David

well we tried to just replace the accumulator and that didnt work, SOO..we went through the hell of replacing the whole entire master cylinder...after quite a long time of messing with that, got it all put together, got in the car, turned the key, and everything worked...now we just need to put the intercooler back in, hook up the lower IC tube and put the top IC tube back in, bleed the brakes, and go start terrorizing the neighborhood..THEN i need to get the title situation sorted out and insurance and what-not...and it SHOULD be ready to go on saturday morning:D :D :cool: :cool: good times...its bed time though!!!

19TbirdSC91 said:
well we tried to just replace the accumulator and that didnt work, SOO..we went through the hell of replacing the whole entire master cylinder...after quite a long time of messing with that, got it all put together, got in the car, turned the key, and everything worked...now we just need to put the intercooler back in, hook up the lower IC tube and put the top IC tube back in, bleed the brakes, and go start terrorizing the neighborhood..THEN i need to get the title situation sorted out and insurance and what-not...and it SHOULD be ready to go on saturday morning:D :D :cool: :cool: good times...its bed time though!!!

Sean,

Glad you got it fixed...see you soon.

David

I'm sleepy :rolleyes: :D

We finished up last night at about 3:30am :eek: but I am very happy the brake problem is fixed.

Sean you own me a good burnout :D

Shane

RadiumSC said:
Is this the same XR7 y'all decided not too long ago, had too many problems?

no, we never decided that there was too many problems, there were outside forces working against me at the time...thats all, but its all good cuz it's in my garage now.

so just as we thought we were ready to bleed the brakes and be done with it, we ran into another major problem, the brake line going to the rear ruptured and was leaking brake fluid everywhere..so now we need to figure out something to to take care of this new problem...one thing after another already, gotta love it, let me tell you.

well its getting to the point now that its looking really bad, i was using a credit card for the parts that i needed and for the shootout money, and while we were at autozone, the card got declined...it was supposed to have something stupid like a $200 limit...and that purchase would have put it up to $62 on it...so unless i figure something out, it looks like there will be no parts for the brakes and no shootout for me...this is complete ~~~~~~~~ if you ask me...but w/e i guess...dont know what to do.

Like Sean, I myself am very disappinted in whats happend today with his car. I have worked so hard on it and to see the brake line burst like it did was heart breaking. But alas I am not willing to give up on it until the fat lady sings. If I have to be awake all night working on it tomorrow night and not get any sleep before the shootout then so be it. BTW, I took some pics of his car so you guys could see it.

100_2293.jpg

100_2297.jpg

100_2298.jpg

Me working on Sean's car.
100_2299.jpg

The bad master cylinder.
100_2301.jpg

100_2304.jpg

100_2305.jpg

This is when things turned upside down for us :(
100_2308.jpg

100_2309.jpg

100_2310.jpg

100_2311.jpg

I look like a goof in this pic while talking to Bill Evanoff on the phone at this point.
100_2312.jpg

100_2313.jpg

Shane

well shane...if we stay up all night tomorrow to get the damn thing done, then so be it, if your willing to do it, im willing to do it...

AND...

the car is in the middle of the street there because thats where it decided to stop...NO BRAKES, AHHH!!!!! lol

notice the shaved door handle on passenger side...why would anyone wanna do that to a car, i dont think its worth it personally.

Weird....I've got a chair JUST like that one in my garage, except it was holding my rotary tools I used to port some stuff... :confused:

DrFishbone said:
Weird....I've got a chair JUST like that one in my garage, except it was holding my rotary tools I used to port some stuff... :confused:

LOL well they are damned ugly things, make a good work bench though...lol;)

Sean, if you cant come up with all the money for your repair parts lets just hope that Jim braves the poison ivy infested SC in a junkyard back in Indy and brings us the entire rear section of brake line for your car.

Shane

yes...but i think my mom is gonna give me the money cuz i just told her i was going to steal her car to go buy parts, and this morning i told her i needed money for parts and she said ok, so therefore, if you put 2 and 2 and 3 and 3 together, the car should have brakes today!!! lol....man, this seems like the damn twilight zone or something!

Back