Saturday, August 31st, ALL DAY TEST AND TUNE!

Bill McNeil

Just confirming for those interested in joining me on this date that there will be all day test and tune available at St. Thomas Dragway, and the track is open until 10:00pm.

I am taking this day off work specifically to go to St. Thomas.

Cayuga is unavailable due to an official event that day, and for some reason has time trials with "no timing" on Friday nights now. Morons.

Please post if interested. We could do dinner afterwards or something (like crash Sean's place). :D

Last edited:
Steve I think they only charge $15.00 plus $5.00 per spectator. It's a nice little place and nice drive out there. Think I'll tag along myself, not doing anything for Labour Day anyway, may as well.

Now here's a saturday I'm not playing ball and I would like to give this a try and see what my putty tat will do

I've never been to St. Thomas... Mapquest says it's a 2 1/2 hour drive from Oakville? Is that correct?

I'd love to go to a drag track again but it seems like a bit of a haul. :confused: If anyone else is going, maybe my son & I will have to have another Saturday of track food :eek: (IHRA last weekend, American LeMans this weekend)

Jim Prince

Hey Jim I was at the IHRA NAtionals last weekend too, on Saturday with my son, only he's 24...LOL. That was one hell of an event!!!! I could not believe the number of people attending AND the number of drivers up out of the USA...very impressive.

Steve yes they have a time ticket booth, a nice refreshment stand. Lots of trees for shade, handy things like an air pump for doing your tires.

I don't think it's 2 1/2 hours from Oakville. I can make London in 2 hours from Scarborough and this is about the same distance, you cut off on hwy 74(I think) before London and head south to the lake. It's a real nice drive.

I might be up for this trip as well! I'd like to run the car at least one more time before the Fall. Is this going to be an SCCoO sanctioned event?

Cheers,

Sean

Well, by then I'd like to have my IC fan installed and working, and perhaps that new fuel pump installed too. I'm seriously considering changing to the newer style fuel tank, but that will mean that I'll have to have an exhaust shop temporarily re-route my exhaust through the hump in the newer style tank too. I'm hoping that soon I'll be able to afford a new exhaust system, and from what I've heard, Steve (not Pathay) got a great deal on a true-dual set-up that rocks! I think I'd like to have that installed on my SC, and then I'll finally bolt on the 10% OD pulley too!

Steve, have you got any pics of your new exhaust system? Any details?

Cheers,

Sean

Back