Car transporters: did you have yours shipped to you? Cost?

JAFO

I'm thinking that I may have to consider a car at a pretty good distance from me. Pretty shaky to consider but I'm wondering what kind of charges these car haulers charge. Are we talking $500 or $1000? Say, 700-900 miles.

Thanks,

Just do a search on your favorite search engine for automobile transport services. Many of them offer free instant quotes. I was quoted anywhere from $800-$1200 to have a non-op vehicle shipped from California to Michigan.

Thanks, I'll check that site as well. I found one in a search that quoted me about 750 from Rhode Island. Not too bad. I'd sure like a road trip to get aquainted with the new car, but all the one's I like are about 800 miles or more from here.

It would seem this is very helpful in increasing selection when looking for one of these cars, but I have to ask; how do you verify the condition of the car? If the seller falsifies information like pictures, condition, repair info, miles, ect, and it blows head gaskets and a clutch 3 days later, is that unresolvable, or do shipping companies have safeguards for this? Otherwise, the only real way to prevent this is to know the seller..

The shipping company has nothing to do with the purchase. It's up to you and the seller to arrange for any kind of warrenty.

Back