Thread: Car transporters: did you have yours shipped to you? Cost?

Car transporters: did you have yours shipped to you? Cost?

I'm thinking that I may have to consider a car at a pretty good distance from me. Pretty shaky to consider but I'm wondering what kind of charges these car haulers charge. Are we talking $500 or $1000? Say, 700-900 miles.

Thanks,

Just do a search on your favorite search engine for automobile transport services. Many of them offer free instant quotes. I was quoted anywhere from $800-$1200 to have a non-op vehicle shipped from California to Michigan.

price

I had mine shipped from LA california to Austin, Texas (about 1200 miles) for about 600 bucks, did a very good job, took 10 days----
    Damon 95 SC
    "Great White" www.cardomain.com/id/frozenrope

Fill out the form here:

http://www.monstermoving.com/Moving_...uto_Transport/

It's Monster.com's moving page - make sure you check all the boxes to get a quote from all the services.

I'm looking at having my car shipped from Newark, New Jersey to Albany, Oregon, and I've currently got a quote for $950.

I'm sure a distance of only 700-900 miles will be less than a coast-to-coast trip.

Fill out the form here:

http://www.monstermoving.com/Moving_...uto_Transport/

It's Monster.com's moving page - make sure you check all the boxes to get a quote from all the services.

I'm looking at having my car shipped from Newark, New Jersey to Albany, Oregon, and I've currently got a quote for $950.

I'm sure a distance of only 700-900 miles will be less than a coast-to-coast trip.

And I'm really loving my dual posts.

Neat.

Thanks, I'll check that site as well. I found one in a search that quoted me about 750 from Rhode Island. Not too bad. I'd sure like a road trip to get aquainted with the new car, but all the one's I like are about 800 miles or more from here.

I had my 75 blazer shipped from San Francisco to St. Louis. The blazer had 35" tires and a 4" lift. Total cost was around $600 from www.dasautoshippers.com and it came in about 6 days.

Brian

It would seem this is very helpful in increasing selection when looking for one of these cars, but I have to ask; how do you verify the condition of the car? If the seller falsifies information like pictures, condition, repair info, miles, ect, and it blows head gaskets and a clutch 3 days later, is that unresolvable, or do shipping companies have safeguards for this? Otherwise, the only real way to prevent this is to know the seller..

The shipping company has nothing to do with the purchase. It's up to you and the seller to arrange for any kind of warrenty.