FS/FT: 35th SC 5spd, 94k Miles, some mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Woodson

I bought this car 12/05, here is some information from the previous owners AD: (Note not my words, I can't prove or provide receipts for some items, etc)

1990 Ford Thunderbird SC 35th Anniversary 5 speed car, completely restored, new everything, 85,000 miles, MINT, interior MINT, 35th wheels MINT. This is one of 147 5 speed cars built out of 3300 35th Anniversary cars. It has all options, ICE COLD AC, suede and leather seats are perfect, no rust, new paint.

Engine:
Magnum Powers MPII Ported blower, Magnum Powers Intake Plenum, Magnum Powers 85 MM Throttle body, Motorcraft 30 LB injectors, 190 fuel pump, SVO 1.7 roller rockers, Centerforce clutch, B&M Ripper Shifter, SCI Underdrive pullies, Heartland Tensioner pullies, BHJ balancer, new Motorcraft DIS, Motorcraft wires, Motorcraft Plugs, Intercooler fan, K&N, ARP studs, new head gaskets, NOS heads, Magnum Powers Raised Blower Top, new radiator, hoses, belts, new motor mounts, new trans mount, IAC, TPS,

Body:
Completely stripped and new paint, NOS fender badges, NOS 35th Stripe, all 35th emblems in lights and hood are perfect, 35th wheels have been powdered coated and look awsome, new 225-60VR16 Goodyear Eagle RSA tires, new windshield trim front and back, new sunroof seal and new headlamps.

Interior:
The interior has been completely redone with new suede/leather with blue piping, brand new NOS shift knob, headliner is perfect, package tray is perfect, New Pioneer CD player, but I have old OE Ford Tape player to go with and wiring was not cut up so old can be re-installed if you wish, white face gauges, carpet is perfect and looks awsome with the new NOS 35th floor mats still in the bag.

Brakes:
Reman ABS unit, new calipers(4), new rotors(4), new front brake hoses, new ft hub bearings.

Now for the rest, car will come with the most complete collection of 35th Anniversary items you'll ever find if reserve is met. Here are the items:
35th Anniversary car cover in bag, 2 sets of un-cut 35th NOS keys, 2 sets of 35th key tags, unused 35th suede cleaning kit, unused 35th collector plate in Sterling Silver, one 35th Anniversary .999 Troy OZ key tag, NOS Floor mats, 2 35th Models unopened, 35th calander, 35th dealer press kit, 35th dealer banner, 35th dealer poster framed, 35th coin, 35th tape kit, 2 unopened 35th fender badges, 1 open 35th fender badge, 1 extra roll of 3m 35th stripe kit, 35th lapel pin, dealer window sticker, Soaring Sprit 35th book, and more.

----------

Notes to above comments:
There are some tape lines around the back windows/molding, so it wasn't completely stripped before painting.

Exhaust has been replaced, I was told not by guy I bought it from, but from the owner before that he replaced it and it has a Hi-flo CAT

Things I have done.

New rear brakes (ceramic pads) and 1 rear rotor, 1 caliper rebuilt
New battery
Dash recovered
Dash instrument "Hood/pod" replaced
OEM CD player replaced with Coin/Cup holder (Still have CD player in box)
New Dr pwr seat motor and switch
Cruise control fixed
Replaced Heater Control cable
Brake Light switch replaced
Rear window tint replaced (was bubbled badly)

Problems with the car:
1. Strut Rod Bushings need replaced
2. Oil leak, about 1 qt every 3k miles
3. Rear Defrost doesn't work since old tint was stripped
4. Cruise doesn't work since Ford dealer replaced the Brake Light switch
(I was out of Town in Savannah GA and didn't notice until down the road
and didn't care to turn around and wait longer)
5. Gas gauge is slightly off, I believe the White Face gauges just are off. It is
on Empty just a hair before it reaches Empty and when Full doesn't quite
reach Full, but it does work.
6. I have a New EGR valve to install, but can't as tools are in storage.
7. One time with the headlights + fog lights ON, the headlights flashed. Since
then I have left the Fogs OFF and it hasn't happened again.
8. When having the rear brakes fixed, the shop mentioned the system maybe
getting "weak" as the brake light comes on but then goes off. They said to
bring it back in if the lights stays On, which it hasn't.
9. The top trim piece of the windshield blew Off during a very high wind storm. (No scratches or anything as a result)

Reason selling, wife just doesn't like it, doesn't like the seats or the all black interior, so we always have to take her car.

All the 35th stuff (floor mats, car cover, etc) are in a storage POD as we are in the middle of moving. I also have an extra HVAC control panel, factory radio and CD, and a Rear Wing with the 3rd brake light. The wing is blue from a 95 Sport Tbird. I also have a set of new lower door hinges I was going to have installed with the wing and the windshield trim, but they are in storage and I can't get to them right now. The doors do NOT sag, but they don't want to stay in the "partially" open position, hence the new parts.

I have kept the front seats covered to protect them since I owned it, very rarely has anyone been in the back. I purchased it with 85k miles on the ODO.

I tried to be completely honest with any issues with the car, I can not think of anything else. Most of the items are nuisance things, some like the cruise and rear defrost just aren't anything I need/use enough to care.

I have looked under the car, doors, wheel wells, etc, No Rust.

Everything else works, AC, heat,

eMail me for pictures.

Looking for $5000, this was bought as my daily driver.

Would consider partial trades or possibly trade for something very close to this in price.

Probably NO ricey/Jap cars with a few exceptions.

Thanks,
Sam

I just sent all of the PICS to 2 members via e-Mail, if anyone else wants the pictures I will eMail them as well, just provide the eMail address.

Thanks,
Sam

Someone just asked about the two 35th models. One is a plastic model you glue together, still in the shrink wrap. The other is a "Matchbox" or "Hot Wheels" type of model.

All of that stuff is in a storage POD until this weekend as we are in the middle of moving. I do not plan on selling that stuff on it's own, well everything is for sale for the right price. So, if you are willing to give up $1,000 for everything then I'll sell all the 35th stuff, otherwise it all stays with the car. All of these extras would be great if you want to take it to car shows, etc.

Thanks,
I just saw the latest request for PICS and sent them off. I closed on a house Friday and have been moving since.

Internet and cable was installed Friday, but the Internet STILL does not work as of last night. I got the Bundle from Mediacom, VOIP Phone, Internet, Digital Cable package. So far I only have the Cable, phone will be installed Nov 6th. Internet was not provisioned properly, or so they say. Plus the Cable was OUT Sunday morning! :) Oh well, once upon a time we managed to live withOut the Internet.

I haven't posted this on Autotrader on anything like that yet, just here. I wanted to get settled into the new house and make sure the Phone works. If it hasn't sold I'll go the Autotrader route next.

Thanks,
Sam

Just checking in, I saw the last 2 requests for PICS and I sent them. Sorry, I thought I had sent them earlier, but I didn't see them in my SENT folder.

Thanks,
Sam

Sam,

After seeing the pics I have a few questions but I am deffinately interested. I'll be in touch.

Shane

I see you are in Columbus, GO BUCKS! I'm from Dayton, and lived in Columbus for 6 years before moving down here to the sauna in Alabama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back