Drag Radials.......quick question

Back n black bird

Ok guys looking at a set of BFG Drag Radials, size is 26x10.5x15, now will that fit on my SC? i will buy a set of 15 wheels to mount them on, but will they rub at all, my car is lowered with ST's 1.5" and half a coil cut. Thanks guys.

H&R and M/T I believe 26X9.5's or 10's worked fine

I've seen Mickey Thompson sportsmans mounted on 16" SC wheels that were at least 9.5" wide with no issues and the car had H&R springs, they may have been a bit wider. I also know Micah is running 10" wide wheels on the rear of his car and has not complained of rubbing issues. Hope this helps.

Adam Mullen
The SC Kid

Are you just giving dimensions from the tires, or the sizing marked on them ? If they have that designation, I don't think they are BFG Drag Radials. They use regular P-metric sizing for their drag tires, such as 235-60-15, or 275-50-15. Mickey Thompson uses that type of sizing on their bias-ply E-T Street tires, I have a pair of 26.0 x 10.5 x 16 M/Ts, used to have them on stock SC wheels (on Mustang 16x7-1/2 now since my brake conversion), they fit no trouble, my car is down about 1-1/2" with Eibachs. How much lower is your car with the 1/2 coil cut ? The other issue to consider is rim width, what are you going to use to mount them on ? Stock T-Bird steel rims are only 6" wide, and aluminum ones are only 6-1/2". Those really aren't wide enough for a 10.5 tire, mine were squeezed a bit on the SC 7" wheels. I'm sure they'll mount up, but you certainly wouldn't get a full contact patch. Aftermarket rims 7" or wider would be advisable. Unless you can get a great deal on those 15" drag tires, I would consider looking for a pair in 16", so that you can use stock SC rims to mount them on.

cheers
Ed N.

Back