New Meet Coming Up

just paid my dues to become a full sccoa member. now i just gotta wait for the membership kit and my member #. Why does it take so long. makes no sense.

till no title...... who knows. ill prob. have to come down in pnyklr's SC w/out the S ha.

Why do you need a new title to register the car?? When you bought the car didn't you get a copy of the title signed over to you?? You should be able to register the car with an insurance card, bill of sale and the old title. DMV will send the new title, usually in about 6 weeks.

Ira

no offense..but you guys sound like NY DMV amatuers.... :( lol on the other hand me and pnyklr are dmv experts. ha all jokes aside. to get a used or out of state vehicle registered in NY you need. 1) ins card 2) Driver Lic. 3) bill of sale 4) Vehicle Title 5) MV-81. all these are must have! the reason i dont have the vehicle registered is, like an idiot, i applied for the "title only" when i got the vehicle. i was still driving my camaro and wasnt planning to put the bird on the road for about another 2 months. plus i still had the 30 day temp tags from PA. so now i gotta wait for the title to come in the mail to go register it so i can drive it.

btw- to get an out of state title usually takes about 70 days, in state 45 days. or you can call and put a rush on it and get it 2 weeks faster. you need the bill of sale to pay the tax. if you dont have one then your gonna pay the tax on book value.

Last edited:
to get a used or out of state vehicle registered in NY you need. 1) ins card 2) Driver Lic. 3) bill of sale 4) Vehicle Title 5) MV-81

Well, there ya go. Nothing new here. I left off the proof of identity (license) and specific form (MV-81) telling the DMV what it is you want because those are a given. The fact that you didn't fill out the right paperwork to register the car the first time could have something to do with this.

Hey, all joking aside, what the heck do I know.... :rolleyes:

Ira

Last edited:
I had called paul a few weeks back he didnt call me back

The title should be here within a few days like crash said it was done title only

I have never in my life went to the DMV with a bill of sale, and it was never even mentioned or questioned once, EVER... I dont think i'v ever even gotten a bill of sale from any cars I'v bought.. soooooooooooooooooooooooo

I have never in my life went to the DMV with a bill of sale, and it was never even mentioned or questioned once, EVER... I dont think i'v ever even gotten a bill of sale from any cars I'v bought.. soooooooooooooooooooooooo

sooooooo, you've probably overpaid the state sales tax each time :eek: :D or, you've been lucky and nobody there ever questioned the sales price you put down on the forms. I have not been so lucky before, so I leave nothing to chance anymore.

Ira

muahah I dont think I'v ever put down more then maybe $500 for sale price... so Im not quite over paying YEHKNOW YEHKNOW

I dunno I put $100 for every used car I have ever owned

thats a DTF- 802 its actually a form from NYS department of taxation and finance ... no need for a bil of sale if thats filled out

it actually takes the place of the bill of sale

on the other hand if you have a handwritten bill of sale as well by the previous owner or if you sell a car ALWAYS keep a record of who you sell the car to

I learned the hardway about not getting the name of the person I sold one of my cars to.

went to that njtacc meet with chris (pnyklr). it was a good time . great bunch of guys. they even brought their g/f's , wives and kids ha. had a really great time. had a nice big table at the rest. turned out to be pretty fun with no non-sense, unlike that LOSER MORON MILLER from TSTACC.........except for the part where 2 guys did rolling burnouts in the houlihans parking lot ha. we had a nice mist of burnt rubber for a while. lol

Last edited:
haha i got pretty mad when reading the MORON LOSER MILLER part then had a big sigh of releif at the end haha

a yes this is a totally diff miller and he is from PA :rolleyes:

I think his handle is J dork miller or something like that

Nah, that other Miller has a real tricked out Cougar. Gold plated engine pieces and all! It's a nice car actually.

Ira

Back