10 second attempt Wednesday the 18th

good luck, be really awesome if both cars run a 10, now how many people can say they have 2 10 sec birds? best of luck!

good luck, be really awesome if both cars run a 10, now how many people can say they have 2 10 sec birds? best of luck!

I can say I have two 15 sec birds...I hope to have two 12 sec birds but then I will stop with the Daily driver. I want to keep it in one piece. I will rag on the SC until I get it in the tens.

Chris

91 SC went 10.680 @ 129.80
93 SC went 11.404 @ 125.55

I'm pretty much done wrenching on the 91 and it will now get the interior redone and a much needed paint job.

The 93 is just getting started and by next season I expect low 10s. If I can find a place to race it :rolleyes:

David

Two awsome Birds!

Great to hear Dave! Was pulling for ya to get down in the 10's. That MPH was getting up there close to the 130 mark! Did you even get to make a pass in it??????

Nice job Dave! Congrats! You've spent probably more time and effort than almost anyone else and I'm glad to see Friday was payday. :D Although if you remember correctly, ILIKEJUGZ did have a 9 sec SC...:p ;) :rolleyes:

Great to hear Dave! Was pulling for ya to get down in the 10's. That MPH was getting up there close to the 130 mark! Did you even get to make a pass in it??????

Anthony,

I knew I was only going to get one or two chances to race either car before getting the boot for going too quick, so Chris Wise drove the 91 and I drove the turbo car. As it turned out we each got two passes before being told to leave.

On Chris' first pass he was spinning the tires real bad coming off the line and ran a 10.9 @ 125 and I totally screwed up launching the turbo car (first time using trans brake) and got an 11.7 @ 125.

10.9 was good and the main goal, but we needed to get a 10.84 to beat Coy's time and since we weren't likely to get another shot at it until spring, we decided that Chris had a much better chance of getting the pass we needed and he should drive the 91 again and I would drive the turbo car and try to launch it correctly. I did a better job the second time and got an 11.40 @ 125 and Chris got a great launch and blew everyone away with a 10.68 @ 129 :eek: .

At that point I wanted a celebration beer more than I wanted to drive the 91, but Chris wanted to give the turbo car a try. Unfortunatly the track officials gave both cars the boot and stopped Chris from running and erased any possibility of me driving the 91. While I would have liked to drive the 91, I was having a blast trying to drive the turbo car into the 10s and was getting a good thrill ride in the process.

For only getting two passes each, I think it worked out great.

David

Last edited:
Congrats Dave

"The New Top SC"

So glad that someone finaly got around Coy Miller's time goes to show the big money machine shop guy can be beat. You ran it with full weight with an AOD IRS Super Coupe not stripped down this is to me is very impressive and your had work payed off in style. This gives hope to me as well as so many others to follow trying harder pushing its what makes this deal great. I would put a roll bar in it or try another track get it into the low 10's nice work glad it all went good and safe

I would like to add that David's 91 is just sick sick fast and I am thankful that he let me drive into the 10's for him. It has been just about 4 years now since I put his block together. Now 3 cams, 2 sets of heads, 3-4 blowers, 2 intercoolers, god knows how much dyno/tuning time, and all of the other things I've forgotten it has paid off BIG!!! 10.68 @ 129.8mph. Just plain sick.

I knew after spinning the tires (slicks) on the first pass and making a 10.95 that I had at least a .1 or .2 more I could gain. I never really imagined that I would get nearly 3 tenths. I honestly think if David had a REAL accurate TACH or a shift light I could keep it consitently at that ET. Using the factory tach for shifting just plain SUCKS.

For those that are curious the 10.68 passes launch was reminisent of my old 93 that pulled 1.51 short times. VIOLENT!! Its a lot like the car has a transbrake even though it doesn't. The more interesting aspect is he is doing with 3.73s and I had 4.10 gears. So at the top end of the track the car is perfectly geared as it goes through the traps at 6600 rpms.

Anyway, congrats to David for making it to #1. He deserves it as a diehard SC owner and willing to go through 4 years of trial and error, aggrivation with pitfalls and triumphs. During that 4 years he has gone from running 13.5s to the 10.6 improving nearly 3 seconds. That is an accomplishment in itself. The icing on the cake will be when Kurt, Rod or whoever else gets the videos up and running because the annoucer is wickedly shocked by both passes.

Once again congrats David on getthing into the 10's you deserve it for all your hard work and dedication.

Congrats Buddy,
Chris :D

first pass timeslip

For those that are curious attached is the first pass timeslip.

Chris

Attachments

• neibert1095.gif
    neibert1095.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 120
Back