no SC meets in SoCal, so let's arrange some!

Lets go to manny's! Carne asada & Coronas in the boonies! Maybe some racing......or maybe I just look for any excuse to pound some cold ones!:D :D :D

I dunno Manny, its all sounding tooo tempting... A 10 mile stretch of empty highway souns gooooooooood. :cool: We could do a carne asada at Mannys local park or get together at a place for food and then we can all go out to that closed road and have some sord of fun out there, all legal fun ofcrouse.. :rolleyes: :cool:
:cool:

any legal fun in southern california has been outlawed remember... thats why we need to sneak into that route 66 and run over scorpions!

i could do mannys, thats reasonable... 10 mi of old route 66 available to run...
...top speed...
...drag...
shoot, that's pretty fricken cool, and im pretty sure more people than just me would appreciate it (I'm not sure everyone else likes canyons as much as I do, hehe)

-ghost

Last edited:
The TCCoA guys are also trying to come up with meet ideas to liven the club back up.

BTW there's a stretch of road around here where I've hit 100+ easy. Only problem is that your breaks better be good and you better hit your breaking point correctly and not go past it. If you mis-judge your distance you will slam into a brick barrier. Trust me it's happened plenty of time. There's chunks missing.:eek:

The TCCoA guys are also trying to come up with meet ideas to liven the club back up.

BTW there's a stretch of road around here where I've hit 100+ easy. Only problem is that your breaks better be good and you better hit your breaking point correctly and not go past it. If you mis-judge your distance you will slam into a brick barrier. Trust me it's happened plenty of time. There's chunks missing.:eek:

good thing is i have the COBRA BIG BRAKE UPGRADE! ALL AROUND TOO!

hmmm... i need to check it out one day.... i do have that suspension upgrade also... takes the turns just nice!

It's just a relatively lonely stretch of concre that runs parallel to the LA river. Unfortunately, they seem to have stepped up patrol in the area. I've actually been seeing cops there. There are a whole lot of burn out and donut marks on that street.

Lets do a head count to see how many people would be willing for a get together. Either Mannys private road, mountain terain, or (any other ideas) ???? I am down for any of those... who else ????

how about a wrecking yard day go strip some sc,s to the ground in a pick a part or something like that.

or a cruz along the beach 101 is a nice drive. my section of 66 is closed the highway is under construction and they closed it to none residents.

Strip Some Sc's Pick Your Part Day

i'm always down for a pick your part day.

manny, how big is the san bernadino yard? the wilmington primary yard is fricken HUUUUUUUGE (several city blocks), every time I go there I get tired as fauk from basically walking 2 miles or so all around the damn place carrying my heavy bastard bag of tools.

Manny, are there any hills near you? I am not sure exactly what the terrain is like there, except I remember it being kinda flat.

Pick your part is going to have their half-price sale this month Nov 23-26, so why don't we plan a strip-the-SC meet on the 23rd (first day is best during the 50% sales since all the stuff hasnt been taken yet) at whichever is the largest yard.

NOV 23rd 50% off Pick-Your-Part meet, and tentatively I think the wilmington yard is the largest, so that's what,
NOV 23rd, 9:00am (tentative unless everyone would like to meet at yard-open or later in the day)
1903 Blinn St
Wilmington, CA

any objections to that date/time? I figure nobody wants to meet on thanksgiving (24th?) but maybe the 25th or 26th might work.
Since all of us have to go pretty far regardless, I figure that's as reasonable a place as any.

SC MEET DAY/PLACE
Since Manny's got that stretch of Route 66, I think that's a cool place to meet, Manny always has some downright bitchin ~~~~ to show off on the boards here, and it's a long drive for pretty much anybody so that's fair. San Bernadino is a place that's pretty easy to get away with messing around with burnouts, donuts, etc etc, so in terms of Cop trouble I think San Bernadino would be ideal for a meet and possibly drag. Meeting at Manny's house would be an option but that might be hard on him, so perhaps a fast-food joint near there?
What day is best? I am thinking a weekday night might be good, does everyone here work a day job or does anyone do graveyard? Maybe like a Tuesday at like 8:00pm. Or a Sunday afternoon.

well, as I said earlier, if you guys are actually up for a canyon cruise/carve, I believe Blackstar Cyn in North OC is a good bit of fun and we could meet up in Costa Mesa or at that biker-tastic place at the corner of the turnoff for blackstar, and then there is always the possibility of meeting near Omar's.
Then there's Glendora Mountain Road near Azusa, which we could meet at-- not too far from Irwindale Speedway, which will take you to the top of Mt. Baldy/Wilson, one of those, and then there's Ortega Hwy which runs from North OC to Lake Elsinore in a high-speed series of gentle esses followed by a tight set of hairpins near the end of the route as it winds down the side of the valley and into the town of Lake Elsinore. Rim of the world used to be cool until all those idiot hondas and crotch rockets came along and ruined everything, now you can't hardly get away with anything there without Ponch and John on your ~~~.

again though, making an aggressive canyon run is extremely demanding for those of you who haven't already gone up there. reason I say that is because I've ~~~~ed up enough times in a Canyon to really learn exactly what I am and am not capable of. I've lost TWO damn cars to overheating in canyons, first my 200SX and then my Fiero, and crashed my 280ZX on La Piuma off of Stunt Road near Mulholland Highway. Luckily, my crash wasn't serious and the car wasn't damaged aside from two flats and a ruined front bumper/hood.

Fortunatly though, my SC doesnt leak fluids, I have brand new Goodyear FIERCE HPI w-rated tires (235/40R18... wider than 245/50R16s in the same brand line), fresh carbon metallic brake pads, upgraded cooling system, relieved exhaust (no cats + new downtubes), ABS and a good clutch, so I should be alright, assuming my freshly replaced balancer doesn't go out.

Oh yeah, check your harmonic balancers and check your ABS system out, because those bastards will be all too happy to fail in a place where it'll be hard to recover the car.

As for the cruise, decide on a route and a location and we can figure a date from there, and whether or not we want to get the TCCoA guys involved is entirely up to the group here. Post your preference for route for cruising, I am thinking about starting a poll thread to decide on the route.

Another option is to do the Costa Mesa to Dana Pt cruise on PCH or do Long Beach to Malibu (also along PCH).
Cruise along the beach, unsanctioned drag, sanctioned drag, auto-X or canyon run?

If you are okay with the date/time for the strip the SC event, post that here and say you're coming, so we'll stick with that date unless too many people have other obligations.

-Ghost

Last edited:
Back