Thread: Speedo Repair?

Speedo Repair?

MY ODOMETER QUIT WORKING SO I ORDERED A GEAR SET FROM SUPERCOUPEPERFORMANCE.COM AND INSTALLED IT WHICH MY FACTORY GEARS HAD 2 BROKEN TEETH BUT AFTER THE INSTALL IT STILL DOESN'T WORK SO WHO DOES REPAIRS ON THESE SPEEDO'S AND HOW MUCH DO YOU THINK IT WOULD BE?P.S.MY CAR IS A 91 AUTO SC AND THE SPEEDO ITSELF WORKS FINE.

THANKS JAY

Jay,

I'm having the same issue with my 1997 LX. It has a 95 Gauge pack in it with custom gauge faces, and the odometer gears are fine, etc. but doesn't work either.

I was told by the "stealership" that I should try and put another gauge cluster in the car. I am planning on trying that this weekend to see if it is that. If not, I'm also looking for someone that can and will do the repair.

Please keep me informed.

-Josh

Here's a picture of the way the gears are supposed to go. Like i said in my email i put one in upside down and it didn't work then i flipped it and it was fine.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

speedo

My speedometer reads about 8 kilometers/hr. faster than it should. should I change up the gear in there to a bigger one? - just wondering.

if your speedo is reading fast, Go to the Ford Performance catalog. There is a calibration calculation on the page with the speedometer gears. It asks for tire size, Transmission output shaft teeth number, etc.

The speedometer gear does have some to do with the Odometer not working like stated in this thread, but usually it is the gears that were posted in Tin-Knocker's posting.

Still haven't had a chance to swap out the cluster to see if it makes a difference or not.

I'll let you know.

gears

Thank you; that is much needed info. but, I was only joking about swapping out the speedometer gear for a taller one. I just couldn't help myself