Looking at buying a super coupe, but a couple questions...

SALEENSTER

I am sure this has been asked, and I did scroll down a few pages to verify, but did not see much. Here's my question: Please forgive me, as I am new to the supercoupes:

Factory injector and fuel pump is what?

tks for any help in advance,

Last edited:
What year of SC are you loking at. If 89-93 the injectors are 30 lb, for 94 and 95 they are 36 lb. I think for all years the fuel pump is 110 lph. If I'm not correct someone plaese correct me.

tks for the help. I am looking at a '90, but there is also a 94 for a few hundred more but has a little body damage. Went for a ride a few wks ago with a friend of mine, and that thing was pretty quick. It was stock, but the torque was certainly noticeable. Spacious and comfey is a plus:)

From whqt I recall

89-93 30lb injectors and 110lph pump

94/95 36lb injectors and a 155lph pump

The injectors are definitely correct but the fuel pump may be off...I;m not 100% sure

The 94 has more hp and more torque. 89-93 had 210 hp and 315 lb. ft. of torque. 94-95 had 230 hp and 330 lb. ft.

I like the 94's and 95's but the auto's have an open diff. The 89-93's had trac-lok (limited slip - power to both wheels) as did all year 5-speeds.

I have heard something about the 94's not responding well to mods due to the computer but then I know some guys with fast 94's so I guess it can be tuned to compensate.

Personally I like the looks of early models better. They look meaner and more aggressive than the rounded front end/headlights/bumpers of late models. But the interior is nice in the late models.

I actually would like a 94/95 auto for a daily driver but I'd definately put some gears and trac-lok in it.

The 94 has more hp and more torque. 89-93 had 210 hp and 315 lb. ft. of torque. 94-95 had 230 hp and 330 lb. ft.

I like the 94's and 95's but the auto's have an open diff. The 89-93's had trac-lok (limited slip - power to both wheels) as did all year 5-speeds.

I have heard something about the 94's not responding well to mods due to the computer but then I know some guys with fast 94's so I guess it can be tuned to compensate.

Personally I like the looks of early models better. They look meaner and more aggressive than the rounded front end/headlights/bumpers of late models. But the interior is nice in the late models.

I actually would like a 94/95 auto for a daily driver but I'd definately put some gears and trac-lok in it.

Very good info, tks. I have drove 2 over the wkend one a 90 and the other a 93. Both were great drivers. I have offers on both of them just waiting to hear back. If both pan out, I shall buy both:D

I'd take the 93 over the 90 due to the brake system. 93-95 had the better brakes that didn't rely on an accumulator and an electric pump motor. Just something to think about. Plus 93-95 had the newer style directional wheels.

Back