Well, no more SC for me...

SCMakeiv

Im sorry guys, hate to tell you but SCCoA has one less thunderbird in the club. I was on my way to my moms place out in ok falls and a deer came out of the ditch on the right, so i went into the oncomming lane to avoid it and hit gravel in a corner. The car slid and i could not correct and went off the side of the road, dropped about 4.5 feet into a field(ironically enough, my moms field, only two corners away from the driveway) Anyways, it landed a bit cockeyed and rolled over landing on its wheels again about 30 feet later. Me and a passenger are ok with bumps and bruises. Now i have to wait for insurance to figure out whats goin on, its definatly a write off with the rcmp estimated damage at $8000. The only damage really is to the doors, roof, windows, and minor front end damage. I dont really see them offering me much for a settlement, so im thinking of buying it back and parting it? how much are buy backs usually? Its got a rebuilt motor with about 10k on it it, a rebuilt supercharger thats about 2k on it. Ported heads, cam regrind, overdrive pulley, plugs, wires, full custom exhaust. The whole back end of the car is fine, so there has to be quite a bit of salvage'able stuff. Ill post pictures once i get them :( Interesting morning anyways. Brett "not so SC" Makeiv

sorry to hear. at least you and your passenger are ok, that's the most important.

get another SC and swap your stuff over, they are cheap now adays.

Hope your not hurt! Did you learn not to swerve for anything smaller than a cow/bull? No jab intended, but I've seen lots of folks injured, trying to "avoid" a varment.

Hope your not hurt! Did you learn not to swerve for anything smaller than a cow/bull? No jab intended, but I've seen lots of folks injured, trying to "avoid" a varment.

He said deer.

@SCMakeiv, sorry to hear all that, I can only imagine what it would be like to lose my car in a wreck. :( I am glad to hear that you are ok, though.

Sorry to hear about your loose. It suck but glad to hear that you and your passenger are ok, vechicles can be replaced but people cant be.

Buy backs are based off what the current going rate that the scrap yard will give the insurance company for the car.

Shane

Back