Cam positioning sensor tool??

cantcatchme

I am wondering if anyone can help me find a cam positioning sensor tool or the part #. It is for an 89 sc. ANY info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Danny

You don't need one

Unless you just want to have one for your tool box, you don't need it. Just install the replacement Cam Sensor in the same position as the old one. If you happen to get it in wrong (180 degrees out of phase) you will know because the engine will run like $#!&. In that case, you just re install 180 degrees from there.

Thanks for the info

Thanks for the info, but I'm not just replacing the cam sensor, I'm doing the timing chain so the whole thing has to come apart. Do you have the part #? This tool is a must for this job. If oyu have any tips on doing the timing chain, that would be appreciated.

Thanks
Danny

Don't forget the hex headed bolt that is hidden beneith the oil pump area of the timing cover. I have seen many people that forget about that dam bolt and break the cover. Just a reminder!!!

Don't forget the hex headed bolt that is hidden beneith the oil pump area of the timing cover. I have seen many people that forget about that dam bolt and break the cover. Just a reminder!!!

Been there, done that.............. JB weld to the rescue!

Thanks fellas, I made damn sure i got that bolt. This job is a nightmare, and a waste of time, cause I came to find out that my timing chain is just fine, in fact it looks like it was changed very recently. I think I busted a bunch of rings because I only have compression in like 2 cylinders. Either that or I put holes in the pistons. Time for the motor to come apart.... yaaaay!!! (NOT!!!). If anyone has any insight as to why I have no compression in 4 of the 6 cylinders other than what I stated, let me know, I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks
Danny

Back