blower porting

As you can see by Caseys pix, the proper tools make it MUCH cleaner and easier.

Chris

Last edited:
why would anyone port a blower? lol
will it make more power?
ive never heard of this stuff ,

porting whats next ported heads?

just kidding i like the machine work clean real nice inlet on blower

I wish I had that kind of equipment so I could port my stuff too. One day, I will be able to weld aluminum AND port without fear of my hand slipping....

Chris

After I ported a good amount of heads I started to get really good with the dremel to the point where you can't tell if it has been CNC'ed or hand ported. CNC is just a lot faster to take metal out.

After I ported a good amount of heads I started to get really good with the dremel to the point where you can't tell if it has been CNC'ed or hand ported. CNC is just a lot faster to take metal out.

CNC all ports are exactly the same

If you graph intake ports on a computer you can make all of the ports the same by hand. Takes more time, like I mentioned, though.

Did ya'll really take off 3/4 inch all around the outlet???

On the outlet I might have done 1/4, if that, I mainly smoothed it out along the edges, and brought the rear of the opening back just a hair...

hey i did a search to look for stock blower next to ported and i couldnt find anything....is the intake and outlet ports the slits on the side of these pics or whats the deal here..

Try advanced search, and select performance and technical forums to search within, then look for the paper clip symbols to kinda narrow it down to those that have pics attatched... Doesn't return linked pics, but pics linked over a year or so prolly aint there anymore anyways...

try porting, blower, compare or some such strings...

There are some pics in this thread
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60944&page=2&highlight=compare+blower+porting

A few of us have done it this way, look for pics of manny's work!
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55015&highlight=porting

I agree with most of the people on here, outlet porting should be minimal. It's already larger than the inlet, not even counting the silencer ports. Inlet porting is good, but you have to match the plenum to it or it's pointless. And make sure you leave enough lip to seal.

I've had my blower apart a couple times now. I originally just opened up the outlet and left a flat edge on it, yes it did help but that's not the best way to go about it.

Open up the outlet about 1/4"-3/8". Be sure to follow the profile of the edge of the rotors. It's up to you, but I suggest a back cut on the outlet so that it allows the air to flow out better. You can also use a radius instead of the backcut. I don't think it will matter too much which you use...I've seen examples of both that work very well.

If you don't want to take alot of material from the inlet, then don't. Radius all the sharp corners and blend everything as best you can. If you can port match it to the intake manifold then that's even better. I've only taken about 1/16" around the inlet, and may do more this winter but I don't think it's worth while to go much further with a stock intake manifold.

If you want the ultimate gain, without stepping up to an MP unit...then find a set of rotors from a GTP and install those as they will tighten up the tolerances within the case and allow a more efficient sc.

Back