250 crank hp/SAE?

The_Ghost

I read the thread for how to achieve 238 rwhp (see where's my 300rwhp?), but want to know if what I've got now is enough to boost me from the SAE 210hp/315tq to 250hp/3??tq.

This is a 1990 M5R2 5-speed Tbird SC.
Modifications:
ZR air intake
C&L 73mm MAF w/#30 sampletube
Magnaflow resonator
cats deleted and set aside for when i need to smog again in 20 months or so.
downtubes reshaped and enlarged to soften the 90* curve
Motorcraft double platinum sparkplugs (I think I got the double platinums, anyways, at worst they're motorcraft single platinum)
Rad. Fan always on hi-speed (car runs exactly at the far left edge of the normal bracket, very cool)
A/C system temporarily disabled, A/C condenser removed for better IC flow
Slot under headlights cut out to allow air-flow through it

The car runs great as it is and averages 17mpg city (even with my lead foot), ping is occurring less and less, and typically draws exactly 20in/hg vacuum and generates around 14psi at 4500-5000. I am running Goodyear Gatorback serpentine belts and they work wonderfully, and I'm not sure if my primary belt tensioner is original but that thing is evil.

Where should I be at with what I have now in terms of hp and torque (ballpark) and how much farther do I have to go to achieve 250hp SAE (as in 40hp over stock using the same rating system originally used to rate the car)?

I.E., what should my next step be to achieve my goal of 250?
According to my calculations 250hp SAE should just barely allow me to beat my friend's near-stock WRX out-n-out(no boost controller, thank god), and I should be able to outhandle him now that I've got mega-sticky tires on my 18"s. Due to his AWD system and what I believe to be a clutch that's nearing the end of its life, he should only be putting 160 or so to the ground, so beating him out shouldn't be that difficult with 200-210 or so at the wheels on my side.

input would be much appreciated,
peace

the ghost

Back