What to look for?

5o4SHO

I had a 93 supercoupe once upon a time and sold it only to have the person I sold it to tell me that the wheel bearings in the rear went bad and one was bad enough that he said he was suprised the wheel didnt fall off. He told me this was a common problem. Anyway, fastfoward to present time, I have a 92 Supercoupe now, and I am going to be putting new discs and pads on the rear tomorrow, and wondered what I could look for while I had the wheels off to check and make sure my wheel bearings were still good. Anyone with some info on this?

with the wheels still bolted on, see if you can move the wheel.

grab the tire at the 3 and 9 position and try to shake, same with the 6 and 12 position. If you have any movement, in the 3 and 9, more than likely the bearing is out. 6 and 12, i would say bushings.

erch, Is the wheel your checking jacked up or bearing weight? Cause mine moves fairly freely when its bearing weight and I dont wish to die.

It shouldn't move bearing weight or not. Sounds like you neet to check into why your wheel is moving.

or these cars will seem like the wheel bearing is bad and its not check the axle nuts they tended 2 come lose mine did and its a 92 i couldnt beleave the wheel didnt fall off and i checked the nut on it and it was loose made it tight and checked for play again and it was gone try this first might be the only prob u have

Back