a different kind of SC owner...hopefully in spring *updated w/ progress pics*

slow_v6_stang

hi, im new to this forum. i have a 98 3.8 mustang. im currently in the process of finding a super coupe M90 to install in the stang. insurance came off the car just last week for winter and this will be my winter's project...

2e519xd.jpg

Last edited:
ive been doing my homework and its a very cost effective way to supercharge my stang. it takes quite a bit more time than buying a $3,000 vortech centrifigul supercharger...but being a 19 year old college kid, i have much more time than money

Just be careful how muchboost you run. The bottom end of the n/a 3.8 isn't as strong as the SC 3.8, and doesn't hold up well to the increased boost. Were you going to rebuild the motor or just add the supercharger?

Like n1sniper said, welcome to the club and just about any help you need can be found here. There are a few guys running m90s on their n/a 3.8, so I'm sure they could be of some help.

Good luck with the project and post pics. We love pics. :D

Nice look'n Stang you have there!

it'll be a really nice sleeper when someone hears that six and tries you....

Good luck with the project

the most cost effective way would be to purchuse an entire sc motor for around 500 running from s/c to pan then to modify a na v6 to get it to work then blow up the motor then look for a sc motor
or a 5.0 swap would also be better

if you have an automatic your trans will last about a hour with the increased torque. a friend of mine (roadhawg) did the swap and that's what happened to him, he put in a 94'sc 4r70w trans. and then ran a 13.9 with his superstang.

ive heard that the SC block/crank/heads are better than stock mustang 3.8, but have heard that there are not many people that have ruined their mustang motors.

as far as the tranny goes...im hoping to do a T5 swap when my auto craps out

Itrs not that it cant be done...Its just if you were to find a complete motor a swap would be easier and a great thing to behold!

Itrs not that it cant be done...Its just if you were to find a complete motor a swap would be easier and a great thing to behold!
i found someone parting out a sc motor with bad piston rings, i got everything for the swap for $340 shipped. ive been talking to a mustang guy who has done the swap and has his stock mustang block/heads and he said "on a scale of 1-10 10 being best, i am a 20 on how glad i was to do the swap." so if i run into any problems, i can talk to him. hopefully in spring ill have some sweet engine bay pics for you guys!!!

One thing...use the Mustang IAC. The SC one does not work well with the Stang electronics. Its of course the stangs fault.;)

Chris

well here are some pics of my progress. i have the IAT wire to lengthen yet, gotta combine the throttle cable brackets to my cruise control will work, bend some brake lines outta the way for the lower IC tube and get my air intake completed (just need a 3.5" rubber coupling and i'll be done w/ that)

since these pics were taken i finished the custom cooling lines. it now has oil and antifreeze in it. i also bought a SC upper radiator hose...worked MUCH better than the stang hose!

4dppovp.jpg

2wf36z9.jpg

2my5lr8.jpg

2rrustg.jpg

351hnj5.jpg

2af0w0j.jpg

Back