Update for all BTM balancer group buy participants - updated 12/07/2006

Anyone who is interested in getting in on this balancer deal MUST email me. The link is in my sig and is also listed on the BTM information web page linked in the first post above.

Balancers are in production. I should have an update as to delivery times sometime this week.

David

balancer

dave count me in for the balancer purchase if its not to late this is for 89 ,also provide info on how to make payment thanx

Thanks for the interest but this group buy is now closed. The units are now in production and will be available again for purchase once they are actually on the shelves.

It is with great regret that I must inform all of you that due to circumstances beyond mine or BTM's control, this balancer group buy must be cancelled.

As far as I know there is no expected date when the product may be re-released so for now I will be refunding everyone their money. If you paid via paypal, I will be sending out E-check refunds to all accounts from which the payments originated. If you paid via check or MO it will be returned to you at the address you gave via a company check from SuperCoupes Unlimited Inc.

I am very sorry this happened this way. We were holding out hope till the last minute that things would take a turn that would allow production to move forward but it did not happen.

Again, I am very sorry and you should be receiving your refund soon.

David

Dave,

That's ok. this just means that I'm the price closer to having you ship me my piston/ rod combo.

Please keep me informed if this is ever to happen again.

-Josh

It is with great regret that I must inform all of you that due to circumstances beyond mine or BTM's control, this balancer group buy must be cancelled.

As far as I know there is no expected date when the product may be re-released so for now I will be refunding everyone their money. If you paid via paypal, I will be sending out E-check refunds to all accounts from which the payments originated. If you paid via check or MO it will be returned to you at the address you gave via a company check from SuperCoupes Unlimited Inc.

I am very sorry this happened this way. We were holding out hope till the last minute that things would take a turn that would allow production to move forward but it did not happen.

Again, I am very sorry and you should be receiving your refund soon.

David

What happened if you don't mind me asking? Just curious.

Well....I KNEW I had bad luck...I was not expecting this at all. I have been so depressed about this that I have not even visited this site for about three or four days. Not to mention, I have not even touched my car:( :( :( I too would like to know why I am not the happy owner of a new balancer.

Chris

Considering how long it took to find a new BHJ at what I felt was a decent price,( which I sold at a decent price) and this falling through, I am considering a V8!

The problem was not related to the balancer itself or it's design. The cancellation is due to extenuating and unforseen complications/circumstances with the manufacturer that simply prevented this from coming to market at this time. It is my hope that the issues can be resolved and once again this balancer may become an option for people.

In the mean time I suggest that no one panic. BHJ's are still available (although overpriced IMO) and there is still hope that another lower cost aftermarket alternative (although not SFI certified) will become available at some point as well.

I am another one of those who sold their BHJ in anticipation of this deal working out. I definitely lost money on the deal but I'm not going to worry about that. There are other things far more exciting to focus on than to worry about things we can't change. :)

Who actually designed the balancer? Would it be possible to find another manufacturer and get this going? I really don't want to spend $400+ on the old BHJ, but I could really use a balancer asap.

Who sells them for less than $400? I'm not sure which one I need exactly, as it will be going on my mustang (2001). I know some guys use one of the SC BHJ's and modify the crank pulley to bolt on. What is the difference in the BHJ models?

Everyone who paid via Paypal should have received or be receiving their refund this evening. I have processed all the refunds so please let me know if you have any issues.

Those who paid via cash, check, or MO should have your refund in hand by the end of the week.

My sincerest appologies to all who were inconvenienced by this cancelled group buy. This has been a great loss for the SC community.

David

Thanks Dave, got the refund......

Hopefully you can find something soon as an alternative, cause it looks like I'm going to pay over $500 CDN for a BHJ :( (you yanks got it easy down there)

The ole girl is going great, but I know I'm on the edge with it.

BTW I know your not the one at fault, so take it easy on yourself ;).

Back