sunroof switch

ThunderDave

My 89 just has the switch, no lights beside it. How hard is it to remove the switch? How many wires go to to it?

Thanks!

Moonroof switch

The EVTM book shows 5 wires going to it.
The only problem i had with mine was trying to find the plastic holder that the switch pops into. Mine had broken apart, and every time i hit the wrecking yards i look for one. And i ain't found one yet... that was intact.

Tony

Yup its 5 but it may be worth it to change out to the newer style, because the old style seem to all fall apart when you take them apart.
Get the switch and wiring harness from a newer model cougar but have seen them in birds as well.
I had to cut out a little bit all theway around fro the metal mount to go into the headliner(I hope you got it) if not go back and pull it out of the donor car. It only has 2 phillips screws holding it in.
I then cut the original harness out of my bird and ran the wires to the new harness. If you want Ill tear it down this weekend and get some pics so you can see.
I have a lot to do b4 the 30th due to an upcomming surgury and will be down for 6 weeks so I guess that means no worky on the SC thingy.....

S

Last edited:
My thought was to relocate the switch in the console and fab a plate with the headliner material on it to fill in the original switch hole. I think it would be better having it on the console (why Ford didn't put it there to begin with :rolleyes: ) . So just rerouting the wiring would be the hardest part and that might not be that bad. Has anyone else thought of doing this or done it already?

I'm always looking for fun ways to use up spare time I don't have. ;)

WELLLLLLLLLLL, Ive got a tranny thats needs to be put in if your that bored:p :p :p
I guess your getting ready to pull some carpet up to do that job on the switch. Good time to clean the carpet up and get the french fries out from between the console and the seats huh....
S

I might be able to run the wiring under the dash to the front of the console and then back under it, without removing the carpet. The front seats were just put in the car in May, so there should be many fries down in there yet.

Back