Svtoa Autox Dec 10 Cali Speedway $40

The_Ghost

I know we've all done dragstrip meets, but has the Cali chapter done an autoX meet? There's one coming up this sunday and we may just be able to get in.
Since they will allow 250 entries, I am pretty sure we can all get in. Afterwards there are a good number of burger places etc to have lunch etc etc.

They are fun events if you have at all prepped your car for handling, or even if your car is stock, it's a great way to learn how your car behaves at the outer limits of its mechanical grip.
If you haven't done one before, you should try it at least once.

SVTOA is a major sponsor of this event, so since there'll be a good number of fords, I figure a couple tbirds could show up and f*ck around with the other fords too. Since it is not entirely dependent upon engine power, most of our cars do stand a fair chance. Even a 3.8L NA could be competitive! For those of us with automatics, using 1-2 and 2-1 is about all you will have to do, hitting 3rd will not be a frequent occurence, but may happen if you are running steep gears. A few 3.8L SCs could ruin a Mustang's day by posting better times, lol :D .

Since it is under debate whether or not the SC is an SVT, why don't we show up to an SVT event regardless? We're special edition, high performance fords, so really, we're in pretty much the same bracket as the real SVT's are.

Okay, enough with the salespitch. I know there was a meet last weekend and this is kinda short notice, but meh. Anyone want to go?

Team Cal Club
presents a Championship Event:
2006 SEASON FINALE with Morgan+4 and SVTOA
When: Sunday, December 10, 2006
Where: California Speedway
Fees: $10 for students w/Speed Freakz or family membership
$25 for SCCA members and/or CSCC points card holders
$40 for all others

NOTE - Registration will be limited to strictly 250 entries.
Non points card holders may be limited to less than 50.
Points card holders will have priority over non points card holders.
Times: Mandatory drivers meeting at 8:15am and at lunch
Course walking 7:00-8:00am and at lunch
Registration/Tech 7:00am to 1:00pm (PLEASE REGISTER FIRST)
1st car out 8:30am
Course will be closed for walking at 8:00am and 15 minutes after the start of lunch
Safety: Helmets must conform to Snell 95 or newer. Some loaners will be available.
Held under the SCCA Solo rules and the CSCC Solo2 Supplemental Regulations.
Children under 18 years old MUST have a waiver signed by both parents. Waiver forms are available at SCCA.com
No alcohol or other intoxicants may be used on the event site by anyone.
Special Rules: X Runs will be available, but may not be taken until after regular class runs have been made. X runs MUST be taken in a different run group from your regular runs and you MUST also work an additional work group. Cost for X runs is the same as a regular entry fee. Please inquire at Registration.
NOTE: CARS NEED TO BE IN A "READY-TO-RUN" CONDITION BEFORE GOING TO TECH. (all loose items removed & proper #'s & CLASS LETTERS on the car, etc)
Closed exhaust - 95db noise standard. Event officials reserve the right to make changes as needed without further notice.

Reply if you're interested in going!!

-Ghost

TOP GEAR-head
I <3 blowing up caravans.

Back