Thread: Power Window Issue (no power)

Power Window Issue (no power)

I have read about a hundred some threads on fixing the power window gears, motors, tracks, etc... The problem I am having is this..... The passenger side window needs the plastic spacers changed in the gears (this I know). The driver side window was working fine. I pushed the passenger side window down and it dropped a bit, but would not go back up due to the gear needing new plastic spacers. Using my knee, I pushed the passenger side window switch up and used both hands to pull the window back up. It worked and the windows is up until I get the spacers fixed. BUT NOW neither window has power to it !!!!! My driver windows does nothing now where it had worked prior to this little episode.. no motor sound nodda !!! ideas plz... thanks

Could be a fuse....

If I am not mistaken, the windows run off the circuit breaker. I replaced the existing one with one I had laying around the garage, but I didn't have any luck. I don't know if it was a functional one. I guess I'll go spend the $2 and buy a new one.

I was also reading here that the window switches can stop working if they are dirty. Would that affect both the pass and driver side at the same time? Are the switches somehow connected to each other? I and going to connect a tester up and make sure they have power.

Thanks for the reply.

Latitude: 41.909147 Longitude: -72.450263
    Quote Originally Posted by BraneRift View Post
    I was also reading here that the window switches can stop working if they are dirty. Would that affect both the pass and driver side at the same time?

Thanks for the reply.
    I highly doubt that. My best guess without putting a tester on the wires would be a power loss that would affect both switches.

Don't crash into a tree just to avoid a skunk!

On the gear spacers. I have used super high temp glue sticks. just cut to fit. They will work for a couple of years.