new member from SW. Fla

I

its840

hey all like the site pretty cool from what i have seen so far.... well im not new to the eaton chargers by any means..... i have owned a bonneville ssei (m62)and just sold a grand prix GTP(m90)....... time for me to pick up a project..... so i got a 84 mustang lx ragtop.... has a V6 under the hood.... now i know how much power a 3.8 with a M90 can make so i wanta put one on this car... it currenty has a auto (C4) trans but i wanta 5 speed... (one option gm never made) but at this time im reading around your site tryin to see whats the diff between the gm and ford eatons.. and how the ford intercooler works... um..... i know theres more but cant think of it right off my head... oh ya whats with the ford HG failure.... does this happen to EVERY 3.8?? mine has new HG... oh ya how much did the block change from 84 till 88-95?? like can i take my 3.8 rebuild it and put all the intake and charger on the 84 block or did they change the heads or something??? get what i mean.... oh ya BTW this is only my second ford ever.... first was a 86 mustang GT and that was a peice!!! thanks agian everyone for any and all help!!! ITS840

Your best bet would be to find an entire SC motor to put in there. Just as the GTP (L67) and the GT (L36) motors are different, so are the Ford 3.8's. Do a search and you'll find people who have done a fox body swap.
Mike

Last edited:
Back