Starting a new web site for everyone in the club that would like to be a part of it.

victor malvar

Hello Everyone on SCCoA,

We have been thinking of a few things about us all for the last month or two. The more I kept thinking about this and the more I asked different members and owners of Super Coupes, XR7 than Maybe 5.0L LS, Here is what I have in mind........

We are going to start a community webpage for all Super coupe owners XR7 owners, and thinking of adding the LX and LS Thunderbirds Possibly?.

We have already picked a couple of names for this historical page. It will consist of new and even old members who are not with us anymore in life, but they were and have been part of this legacy.... The Thunderbird Super Coupe and XR7 Owners Corner, Or I Built it My Way. What we want to do is have a picture of your SC or XR7 or( LX maybe) We would also like to have a picture with your SC or XR7, (LX, LS Maybe), With you in the picture next to it, sitting in it or on it,racing with you in it, or you and your girlfriend, or your Wife, your son or daughter, or your pet or your entire family. We will call this "Up Close and Personal" which will be the visual part of this pages. We will maintain this site at our cost or everyone can send donations or not. We will also have you write a small paragraph and will allow 1,500 to 2000 characters per car or per car and picture. This is going to be a Historical page for many of us ...going through the years to be able to go back at any time and look at yourself 1 year from now, 3 years from now, or 10 year from now or 50 years from now. We will also have T-Shirts. We will sell them at cost but they will be of good quality and have unique designs and a special logo. This is for you to have for your keeping. The T-Shirts will be made for us at very inexpensive prices or even a Polo shirt or Jackets for Men, Women or Children. These are up to you to order whenever you feel like it. We will not make a penny. If there is any profit at all from the products the extra monies from these T Shirts Etc or be site. Will all be given to " Make a Wish Foundation for kids with terminal Illnesses'. This Web site will belong to everyone who wishes to be a part of History and it will be maintained for as long as I am alive or my wife Diane. If anything were to happen to us, there would be other appointed persons from our group in this Historical web site. It could maintained by fellow enthusiats and any changes would be a group decision by secret ballot so there would not be any disagreements after the votes are in they would be disclosed privately in a way that would not upset anyone,if at all possible. After all ...this belongs to everyone of you. The person or persons who would maintain it would have to meet certain guidelines and have certain credentials or commitments. That would be voted on as well along with the cost of hosting the site as well as maintaining it for a period of at least 2 years. If whoever has control of this site, they must keep to the list of duties and maintain it the best he can and keep within the guidelines. Then another Person,Man Or Women, or both ,would then be appointed and there will always a keeper of this Historical web site for many years to come. We want to keep the memories going for a long time 10, 20, 30, 40, of 50 years to come nice!!!

How does this sound to you all thus far? We are going to start this Site now and launch it in 2007 or soon as we have at least 25 pictures. The site will be launched but it will constantly be updated with news and eMails from the people who would like to be a part of History. We plan to add older members who still visit and were part of the beginning of the Super Coupe owners. We will have Historical events also such as shoot-outs, certain group Events and Gatherings from Carlisle to different SCCoA events from other chapters and their events personal private events or club events if SCCoA will Allow us to use pictures or some archives from certain records they keep. We will also have Record breaking events such as speed records and times slips certified and witnessed. Videos of 1/4 mile on Video of certain historic value. We will also have plaques for your achievements and videos on disc for your scrap books. We would like to have the Charging Thunder also included in this AN Historical Memories. I own a whole set. I would donate it to this web site with the proper permissions. If you produce a great video of not more than 3 minutes we will add them to our library. If you decide to make one let us know so we can provide you with the right parameters.. NOW!!! We need pictures and people to go with their 1st SC or Last SC or XR7. We have not quite decided if the LX would be inclusive or not. This is a hard call to make but even though we own an LX 5.0L Elliot car...Should that be allowed since the Super Coupe and the XR7 is only a small amount of cars and owners compared to the LX. This site will have things added to it as deemed by the founders which will consist of everyone who wants to be a part of something that is going to be done! No Doubt this will start happening next year probably in February or March. We just want to include you! Every single one of you! " UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL" We hereby invite you to join in. Here is what it will entail ...a Picture Of your choosing which will be owned by the site rules and agreements, and if you want a picture of the ultimate original owner of the car that you now own or owned at one time.
If you built it yourself, then you right on the eMail to us I Built it My way !!! It can be stock, Modified, Race set up, Show, etc. Join us and we will keep a data base of your name Email Address or even links to your Space or to your ad Domain Page. As you can see this could be quite an undertaking with alot of History and current events. Here is what we need to get started.
Picture (s) and a small but accurate description of you and your SC plus a short and accurate but concise. Videos or anything you want to contribute. We can use help if your interested in being part of the founders of this awesome undertaking which we will start working on right away but as a site we can all show our kids or pass it on to our kids as we get older. Or show it to your parents. Everyone you want to see it as a web site and possible with disk to be included for your libraries.
This is the beginning of "I Built It My Way"
Please send your pictures to dont-forget-it@earthlink.net This is will be the official eMail for I Built It My Way. This eMail address no one can take from our group.
One more thing, we will also have a newsletter sent out of events Racing Calendars, Shows, Videos, Funny Stories, and other things we will consider as we all move ahead together to bring this about. This will not be connected with Our Store in any way, shape or form. We will pay for the Hosting and site building or we can all split up the work. Get with us ASAP or as soon as you decide you want to be a part of Automotive and personal achievements as well as the good old days when we owned our special Gems the SC and XR7 cars. For your kids for you or for you legacy. I give myself to this whole heartily without any reservations for the sake of a great era and the best of times.....we have all enjoyed. Remember any profit that this site might make if any it will be audited and the extra funds will go to the " Make a Wish Foundation." This Foundation Was formed by Harry Longsworth and the Mercury 7 Astronauts' Out of Orlando Florida. This will be a good cause by and for everyone Including the Kids and the Kid is us.
Please eMail me and Diane and let me know how you want to participate in the founding, or just be a part of it's history in the past Present and future.
Thanks for your time let your heart and minds be your deciding factor in this small place in the History. This will not take away from SCCoA consider it a Public private Web site with many different satellites attached to it such as your Domains etc.
Happy Holidays To each and everyone of you and your families. We will be sending out some more information we have already started some small section which are working in conjunction with this and part of this. This will only be sent to you who want to be remembered for decades. Whether or not you want to be included now or not. If you ever decide to be a part of this the doors will always be open to all. Otherwise the newsletter will not be sent to you unless you ask for it. It will be sent only to those who like what we and a few others members and non members we have spoken with liked the Idea so much that the said Do It!
Thank you! ADMIN: Please Make this Thread A Sticky Thread Please. We all Thank all the Administrators for all your hard work. You are also Welcome of course and any of your assistance will be noted as such. You have all contributed more than most of us can begin to imagine. to be a part a large Part of We Built it Our Way!!!

Attachments

• tbirdAnim4.gif
    tbirdAnim4.gif
    4.5 KB · Views: 621
  • !cid_000a01c53edb$61ae4ce0$d50f6e18@george.jpg
    !cid_000a01c53edb$61ae4ce0$d50f6e18@george.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 240
  • 100_2357.jpg
    100_2357.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 357
  • 100_2413.jpg
    100_2413.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 334
  • mn12home.jpg
    mn12home.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:
Cant wait to see it

Community web page

Victor that is so great your taking the time and effort to build a web page of the history of tbirds ,XR7's, LX's for future generations to see and look back on and the old timers to remember. I sent an e-mail to you love to be in it in some way love SC tbirds the people so much heart and soul is put into these car's I think its special you doing this great web page

"Happy Holidays Victor and Spinning Wheels"

Site

Cool!...........the more sites and sources of information on these cars the better. I have an S.C., both of my Sons drive 4.6 LX T - Birds and my youngest Son's girlfriend drives a 35th Anni. We would stop bye to see the site.

Hello Jim and and Ronald AKA Cougar XR7, It looks like we are off to a good start. Any assistance is more than welcome. We thank you both for breaking the ice on this thread. This in time will show it's merits in placeand time. We would like it to be a site where everyone joins in any small way. Even just posting to this thread will get the site moving for our selves our Children and for those who have passed away or are no longer active but did contribute to the Historical value of this site. We will develop with every bit of care we can muster to make it a top notch site for everyone. Ron It sounds to me that the LX & LS Could be an option as well. We can all discuss certain parameters were it can include the LX and the LS. Thanks to you both. Jim I will reply to you eMail also. You Father will be in this web site for Sure! I am so happy to see you keep you fathers memory alive in your menber page. I do the same for the memory of my father but in a diffrent scene all together. We are happy to have you both on board!! :)

Thanks for your good replies to this. Have a real good Sunday and of course Happy holiday Seasons to you and your families.
Victor Diane and future participants and enthusiast....

Good idea Victor. I can send you pictures of my SC. Some you already have but not that many of in progress. Look forward to seeing how it develops

Ken

Hi Ken we sure will... I have quite a few pictures of your SC just send me a little Biography of how you have done all the awesome things you have done to it. I know a lot of it as we spoke every day for a year. I also have pictures from Sam 007, Pablo, we have quite a few we just want to know more about their sweat and hard work to make them what the have We know it is not easy nor inexpensive. We have a few member cars posted already in our web site but we want to know more about the member and how he or she built it and what inspired then to do the work they have done or accomplished. I am sure we will get plenty of enthusiast to join in with their awesome SC's or XR7's even the LX or LS is real posibility. This web site will not only be for historical memories but it will also say tons about the person and their plus how much work they have done to finish these awesone cars! Some have strugled and worked so hard to to finish these cars. It takes a special breed to do what so many have done to their SC XR-7, LX, LS etc. We think it will benefit every one as well as help "Give the Kids a Wish Foundation!!! If there were ever any extra $$$.... It would all go to that foundation and help children with their possible last wishes. We hope that this will be enough to spur many owners of these gorgeos cars and even some not as awesome as yours! Not everyone can create art with a Tig Welder as you can... Just like me I can't Tig weld. The New Blower is beautiful as well as your SC. Pablon has also been working hard at his car, Sam, Ron, Joe, Chad, Mike, David, Sean, Jim, to many to mention! God there are some real talented people in this club and not just talent but pure determination to bring these cars back to look better than they did when they were new. Not to mention the performance some of the Guys and girls have been able to achive.

I called you last night and left you a message.
Thanks for the Christmas card from you and Margie! That was real nice of you both!:) :) :)
Victor and Diane
Happy Holidays to you guys too.

Last edited:
Id like to see the LX models featured as well, it would bring in a whole lot more vehicles and people participating.

I personally have spent the last 10 years modifying MN12 Thunderbirds, and last year finally got my first SC to restore. So I have a bit of my own history to contribute if more than just the SC's are included. :D

- Dan

Id like to see the LX models featured as well, it would bring in a whole lot more vehicles and people participating.

I personally have spent the last 10 years modifying MN12 Thunderbirds, and last year finally got my first SC to restore. So I have a bit of my own history to contribute if more than just the SC's are included. :D

- Dan

Hi Dan,

I was thinking of a way to have them all included by doing the page with different sections for example the Title is Thunderbirds!!! Then Models and years... Then Have them were if a owner has more than one style of Thunderbird they will all be placed in the site. We will give the owner with the cars a owners number or code. If you have let's say 3 cars the LX the SC,and the XR7 or a LS each car will have a number that will correspond with the owner and can be cross promoted. My other Idea is each Owner will have his section kind of a space for his comments where people can access more info about the owner of the car (s) he has. Like Damon he has 3 different cars maybe more?? like Ron everyone in the family has a Thunderbird... and others as well. Some have a show car and a strip car. I have a couple from a 1989 to a 35th and the Elliot car my Son has one and Diane has hers. It could be a family section but each car would have their code or owners number with the biography included with each car but each car would still have a corresponding number to the proper owner...Do you see where I am going with this concept. We can even have disc copies made of the site and downloads to add to the electronic album.
What do you think.I have tons of ideas but I need other peoples ideas and start getting as many participants as we can so we can gauge different areas. So lets all get to do it and do it right. If some one has a problem spelling like I do... It will be all corrected for the enthusiast so there will not be any fear from anyone thinking that because the are not good at grammar they will know that it will all be checked and gone over with them any person to even have then send a recording or we can call them and help them with what they want to say without fear or embarrassment or not joining in because of grammar even not having a digital camera we will show them where to find a friend to lend one or some one take the pictures for them. I have an extra Sony 2.8 that we use and it works great we can pass it around if needed.
A section where you can place each car and do your individual write of each car with a limit of two or 3. This is going to be one hell of an undertaking!!! I am so exited about it I called a Webmaster tonight again. I know who is very good with something like what I have in mind and he thought it was a great way to be able to index it all. I also work with Donna T.Bird Lady from Canada she is a good asset that will probably help set a lot of this up. I do want to add the LX It is a hell of a car and can make awesome power. I need your help also. I need all the people to start sending in their pictures so I can get then assigned a code number for the database and for security also. This is going to be good mark my words. I sure hope everyone see's this in the proper light. This is for everyone not for Diane and I. We are just the orchestrators or over sears but everyone has to play their part to get it started. Link share will even lend us some designers. My brother is pretty well connected with some good people that can help us if we need the help.
I am sure the LX and the LS will be included they are Thunderbirds after all and nice ones to boot. I have one and I love that car as much as my SC.
Thanks for you Honest opinion on this Now send me your pictures as soon as you polish them up :D ;) :cool:

Victor..........

im in, PS how ya feeling victor?

Hi Tony,

Thanks for asking!!! I just finished 3 days atthe Performance Racing Industry
Better known as the PRI show 7 miles of Manufactures and I Thought it would kill me but I made it. It was so awesome I can't put into words. Be looking for a lot of new things at the store. It was so cool.The cars, the newest parts, Pistons, Timing gears, There a good one called the cloyes 3 index hex adjust that works awesome, Aries Pistons, Diamond Pistoms, Performance whrehouse we are already set up with Scorpion Rockers, B & M Diablo, Jerico tranmissions. I just need to know who or makes the bell housing for our 5 speed and where we can find a diffrent bell housing for the M5r2. We need a real good 5 speed. One you can slam without losing it all on the track. It is a fair transmission but a T.54 or is it 56 or a Tremec would be a nice conversion. Awesome Intercoolers are something I spent plenty of time at water to air was a good display that would work real easy for our cars. I wich you could have seen the displays. Dart engines and blocks which many use he was the most unfriendly and rude dude. He was absolutely nasty. His remards were you can't afford me! #$&%&^ him. SCT had some good programs Brodix was awesome in cylinder heads also Air flow. I bought some awesome tools and I bought a C n C :eek: I got such a sweet deal at the end of the show I couln't pass it up. 42" of travel by 8" by 24 inches. Man the things I will be able to do now has come into a difrent dimention. It is so cool....My health is O.K. I am still not what I wish I was not taking blood thinnersand crap but no choicefor one tear then we will see but Iam much better. I can brea the alot better, and no pain in my legs I can walk briskly for a few miles my back is killing me I amgoing to have surgery Iam tired of hurting. I was 95% blocked up in my Coronary Artery. It was close but I am still here and breathing that's a good sign. Man don't smoke it will kill you one way or the other. I hope to feel better everyday. I am not as fuzy my mind id getting oxygen!!! I hopein a year I will be good and excercize and diet will do the trick. I am still having a hard time with the cigarettes. I wish I had one right now. It a Bit-h to quit.
I am doing it but It is hard. I dream of smoking!!! HAve you finished up your SC? Send me the good pictures and all you did I get you in the site soon.
Send me the best pictures and a 3000 to 5000 chracter biography of all you have done. It looks good what you showed me. Keep up the good work. How are the Bass doing? any records yet??? :) ;) :cool:
Talk with you soon eh!

Hi That's nice!!!

This is similar in some ways to what we have planned but not the same in a lot of the things we have plans for we what we have chosen to do it is a diffrent take although. I have a totally different take on this "Up Close and personal" and the " Built it My Way" It is a more historical and set up differently. That is very nice but not what I have been working on it is very different lay out I know there are those who may want to see what we are doing first but we need more people to show us their cars and their small biography. Once you see what we are doing you will be able to differentiate, and enjoy them both as they will both be very nice to have and keep for many u years. Let's Just say that Fast Fords and Mustangs do there lat out one way. Then ^0' 70 and 80's Muscle car Magazines do there lay out a diffrent way do you all see our take on this. It has taken us a bit of work to get to where we are at now so come on and let it flow it will be something you will cherish for a long time.

This is also a nation wide as well as a type of Picture Album with many other parts that will be a valuable memorial of the Past the Present and the Future. I liked it the one you have made it's very nice. We plan to proceed with the one we have already started and this way there will be two different styles of the way we feel it and present them It is a living, moving, and memorial type setting. You have some very good ideas which we have similar in ours in this one you have posted we are not in competition nor will we ever be. It is not a competitive thing. It is meant for it's historical Value to us all. Thanks for the preview that was nice of you to do. Everyone do not take these projects as a who is going to win or anything like that This is for a diffrent purpose not for competition what so ever!!! So we ask you to please send your pictures and a little history ~~~ We ask so we can proceed quicker and possibly have it finished by June of this year we will come out with one in progress in a month or two. By this time next year we should have it well developed for all to enjoy as well and everyone will receive a disc copy of it for your keeping and remember there will be updates to this project bi- yearly. This is something that we feel will benifit us all just as well as the one you have done. In a year It will be on disc. It will be a big undertaking ~~~ As we have said in our posting.
Put it this way It wont hurt you it will only give another view from another perspective. Don't let this pass you by send them today or as soon as possible since we have people already working on this and they are asking me for more peoples pictures or more than pictures a biography of how you "DID IT YOUR WAY"
"UP FRONT AND PERSONAL"!Thanks to you all for cooperating in this project that comes filled with great things we have taken time to do. We hope to receive yours soon.

Last edited:
sounds cool Ill be constant visitor oh yeah glad your feeling better .

god bless you and yours , and the whole sccoa Merry christmas and a sober & safe new years .

Hi Manny the same to you! We appreciate you stopping by. Send us your pictures and your biography soon.

We wish you a great and Joyous Holiday Season as well as a Great New 2007.

I have been meaning to write you and part of it was about this. I also need your advice on some engine work. I will write to possibly tonight.

Best Wishes!!!
Victor and Diane

Last edited:
I'll be there Victor... already sent some pics of the SC.

Hi There you are! I cant express how much I feel the desire to give to everyone as yourself and so many others I have met in this club. We are doing this for everyone not for us it's for the whole community. This in from the gut, My heartfelt feelings I have thought of doing this at a very low point in the past 6 months. I wanted to leave something for everyone. I really thought I was dying. A good Surgeon gave me back my life and there is no stopping me now. I appreciate everyone more than ever before...I feel more than ever before...I cherish every breath I take more than ever before.... I like my friends more than ever before....I even like the people who may not like me and it doesn't matter to me. I like them just the same. Let me have the pleasure of giving of myself back to everyone more than ever before... I want to thank you all more than ever before....This person who has just sent me this reply I like him more than I have ever before.....All I want to do is to celebrate life and friends family like never before....I thank you on behalf of Diane and I.... like never before!

yeah i am starting my own little about my tbirds site, i just work on it when im bored at work. (all the time) anywho, here is my logo, cant wait for ur website to be up,

scbannerfinal.jpg

yep borrowed some pics to make

Back