94 sc vs. 06 impala ss

If you are stock, you shouldn't have pulled him that bad. Many have hit 13.6-7@ 102-103 in their GXPs, damn close to a stock GT, I just don't see him racing you and pulling 5 lengths AFTER he had a run on you. They are actually pretty close in performance.

If you are stock, you shouldn't have pulled him that bad. Many have hit 13.6-7@ 102-103 in their GXPs, damn close to a stock GT, I just don't see him racing you and pulling 5 lengths AFTER he had a run on you. They are actually pretty close in performance.
I am completely stock. The only thing that's been changed since I got the car has been the oil & filter. He only got a very minor jump and I was ready for it since I had stayed in 3rd. Maybe he eased off for a second when he changed lanes...he yanked it left pretty hard. All of the road test I've read about show them 14.2-14.5 @ 96-98mph. I'll bet the GXP's running in the 13's are in a minority compared to those that are in the 14's (same can probably be said for the '05-'07 GT's). But hey...eveyone's entitled to their opinion. Maybe I've just got a strong running 3v. It's stayed even with an '06 A4 LS2 GTO (6.0L 400hp) up to 70mph.

If you haven't driven a S197, go test one with a manual. From a 40-50mph roll in 3rd, it pulls really strong all the way to over 100mph (about 105 in my case with the 3.55 axle ratio...3.31 is standard now).

Last edited:
man i seen a 06SS the other day with a exhaust. God damn thing sounded mean as hell which is weird to hear a v8 groumble out of a FWD car

The later Continentals were DOHC 4.6 Front wheel drive cars.
The early Riviera's, Toronados, and El Dorados were Big block FWD.

So the Impala SS (as mean as it may be) isn't exactly a new frontier.
But its still a strange sight to see one do a burnout. :D

I did just what it took to stay beside him and started wiping my dash off (read about someone else doing this and liked the idea so it's not original). After a quick wipe or two, I looked over at him, smiled and checked out. He never would come back up beside me.

okay, I don't get....were you getting dust in his eyes from wipping off your dash?????Is that why he didn't come back up?
:confused:

Well the way I read it is:

He was so bored driving at that slow speed and it was soo easy staying with him that he had to find something else to do to occupy his time. Kinda like yawning at someone.

Of course, I could be way off base to.

He was so bored driving at that slow speed and it was soo easy staying with him that he had to find something else to do to occupy his time. Kinda like yawning at someone.

I get it now.....if thats the way he was meaning it to be.;)

We have a winner! I was just letting him know he was out classed...I had time to clean my dash (not that it was dusty) and toy with him at the same time.

Well, the mag times are usually a bit slow, many have hit mid 13s (check out www.clubgp.com) and I can't really think of any running slower than 14.2. I can't wait to get my car to the track again, hoping to pull an ET that goes with those 103 MPH traps I was running last, and mine is just a modified GTP, not a GXP :D

Back