started getting parts for upgrade

nickleman60

:D fedex dropped off my heads and intake manifold today and i got on the group buy for 60lb injectors plus i ordered a high pressure 255lph fuel pump. next i'm waiting on dave dalke to send me a price on a cam, rockers, maf sampling tube and sct chip.

You need to stop Keith ..................

I'm about to buy a MPx and pulley set

todd, i was thinking about that myself. since i'd have to pay $400 to get my blower ported i'd rather buy the mpx and put my '94 blower and mp intake on the '89, still trying to catch up with everyone....lol :rolleyes:

im thinking about jumping ship. I found a 5spd supercoupe and an auto one for sale that im thinking about buying one of them.

i know its crazy....
would you guys buy a supercoupe with 113k
New Headgaskets (under 3k miles)
New Plugs & Wires (under 3k miles)
New Radiator (under 200 miles)
New Thermostat (under 200 miles)
New Hoses (under 200 miles)
Coolant Flush done 200 miles ago.
New Torque Converter (under 3k miles)
New Trans Pan installed 2/ TQ
All New Belts (under 200 miles)
New Brakes, Caliper's & Rotor's (under 3k miles)
New Starter (Replacing Today 12-27-06)
Solid Rubber Transmission Mount
Solid Rubber Engine Mounts

and
Modifications:
Custom 2.25" Exhaust
Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler's
Custom Cold Air Intake
Removed Silencer
17x9" Silver Cobra R's
255-45-zr17 Sumitomo HTR-Z Tires (under 3k miles)
Lowered w/ H&R Springs
Window Vent Visor's
Tinted 1/4 Windows
Reflective Hyper White Rear Inserts

its 4k.

Aha! It's that blue 94 in Myrtle Beach over on TCCoA! I've been watching that one for a while. Looks really nice to me. It's probably worth $4k with all that's been done to it. The add says "4k obo", though. See if he'll take $3500.

Last edited:
i checked the car out on tccoa and it looks pretty nice, like mike said offer him $3500 and see if he'll take it. where's the 5-speed your looking at? dave went and checked out that red '90 that dude was trying to sell at jenros. he said it runs really good and the interior is great, it needs a paint job and the abs fixed. the brakes can be fixed for under $100( delete the abs) so if dave didn't buy, the dude wants $600 now, you ought to check it out.

matt, both of them look nice but ones alot closer than the other. i registered the '89 this morning so now i have to get in inspected after i do a couple of things. until then i'll drive it around some at night to work out some of the bugs and make it harder for the blue lights to see that i don't have an inspection sticker at all....lol

Last edited:
well keith i think i might call that guy about the red supercoupe. maybe i can talk him down to $500. I really like that blue one though. if he ever responds back im going to jump on that one too. Soon ill have as many tbirds as you do keith:D

Matt, I decided not to buy that car...He's not gonna budge off of 600.00, i tried. Go take a look at the car. Go to indian river road toward the Ford plant, cross over miltary highway, second street after the Mc Donalds make a right. Its about 3/4 mile on the left, 3441 i think, i cant remember the name of the street, Ive got the address written down at the shop. Its really bad looking paint, but the rest of the car is solid, and ive ran it and it runs good, but is pretty loud. The car is in the backyard and the dudes name is scott. Im gonna talk to Shane about buying his car when he gets back next month from texas...He pm'ed me to make him an offer.

dave can you adjust the tv cable for the trans? i'm going to drain the fluid and change the filter and then i'll need your help, thanks keith

Keith, i found the tool and procedure sheet for adjusting the throttle valve cable. I dont have a pressure guage though...i might be able to borrow one from somebody though...mine broke and i never did replace it.

Keith, i found the tool and procedure sheet for adjusting the throttle valve cable. I dont have a pressure guage though...i might be able to borrow one from somebody though...mine broke and i never did replace it.

cool, let me know what time is good for you. i haven't changed the filter yet, been too cold and wet outside but i'll try to get it done before the weekend, how's your motor coming along? i might have some parts for sale, i'll let everyone know shortly.

Last edited:
Back