Got some work done tonight on my project (pics inside)

Because I have never had a reason to buy one, where do I go for one, how big of one should I get, and how much is it going to cost?

The one thing that I do know is that I should get a ABC fire extinguisher.

Shane

When you "know" you need to buy one its already too late.I got 2 in my garage and they have saved me a couple of times( to no fault of my own with cars it just happens)(also both times it was on my buddies cars and I was really happy to be able to step in and "save the day").Just go to walmart or lowes,home depot a tractor supply store.Just get one if for nothing else for peace of mind.They are under 30 bucks.

Jay

So how big of one should I get? Something small or something giant?

I'm about to head over to the garage and see if I can get this thing going :D

Shane

Make sure you don't have wires touching the exhaust. My buddy had a little "incident" with the starter wire touching a header.

Shane,

I do hope that you are going to clean up that messy wiring nightmare.....:D

I don't think that it would pass track inspection that way.....:rolleyes:

Well today I walked up to my race car, looked it over for a few minutes..... then farted really loud so that the neighbors could hear me :eek: I figured that I would post that since I am so self absorbed in myself :rolleyes:

Shane

David,

For the little bit that it did run it only turned 2k rpm and it definitely sounded good, almost like a nascar. I cant wait to hear what it will sound like at 6300 RPM.

Shane

Wow 36 pages, this thread is so long there is no way I'm going to go back and read all that ~~~~.

I like the car, however if it was mine the wing and the front air dam would come off. These cars are very stable at speed, and for autocross I think your car is going to look retarded with the air dam and wing when you won't be going that fast.

Glad to hear it runs, now finish it up, throw the hood on it, and dyno it so we can see what kind of power it makes.

went over to shanes today...heard it run...sounds mean....got a nice lope to it.....idels nice..sounds like a true 5.0....to bad you guys cant hear it :p

Back