Sunroof Arms... Maybe?

darkstar_one

well, i repaced my sunroof seal a while back, and the arms too, but the problem is... i calibrated the stop cam on the motor, but i have this problem that when you drive and hit a bump or something on the road, the sunroof will start to open, it will start to vibrate its way open, im guessing i messed up the installation or something?

im pretty sure its the arms that cant hold the window steady.... maybe too much grease? broke a stop or something? gonna have to order up some new ones and pick up a sunroof from the junkyard since the black plastic tabs that keep the shade thing from vibrating broke off...

Im not sure what your problem is but im supposed to get a email tonight with the pages in the fsm about the moonroof. If you think that the info will help I can email them to you.

basically, when the sunroof is in a close position, and it starts vibration or going throught a rough street it will start to tilt down, like if its trying to go into the fully open position, but it only tilts down enough to make a little gap, the sunroof arms dont hold it steady in place..

The only thing that i could think of is that mabey something came lose in there or the motor is somehow letting it retract. Send me your email address and ill get you the info, mabey something in there can help you.

Back