Turbo SC woes

that my friend, makes no sense...

a computer will never be able to simulate real world experiences, just like how all the military training cannot prepare you for the psychological effect while ur under real enemy fire...

u can do all the simulating you want, but i think a road tune would be the best way to get the final results....

Quoted for posterity ...

some food for thought...although they tuned the motor on the motor dyno, coy was pretty insistent that i should get the final tune (when the motor was in the car) done on a loaded dyno as opposed to an inertia dyno

some food for thought...although they tuned the motor on the motor dyno, coy was pretty insistent that i should get the final tune (when the motor was in the car) done on a loaded dyno as opposed to an inertia dyno

My turbo car has been tuned on the road, the track and on a loaded dyno. It's been data logged the entire time. I have the ability to monitor and data log A/F ratio, TPS voltage, boost/vacuum, coolant temp, air temp, ignition timing, injector duty cycle, battery voltage, rpms and a bunch of other stuff.

Yes I agree that it would be better to tune it on a steady state dyno such as the one Jason is reccomending, but it doesn't mean that the tune is crap because a steady state dyno wasn't used.

David

Yes I agree that it would be better to tune it on a steady state dyno such as the one Jason is reccomending, but it doesn't mean that the tune is crap because a steady state dyno wasn't used.
David

I agree, i'm sure your current tune is a perfectly acceptable setup.

I agree, however, I don't know how more direct I can be. Take it to that dyno and if the owners/operators are trained properly they will be able to give him the drive train losses. At the same time, he can check his air/fuel and ignition advance to see if he is in a safe area. Its amazing the differences a car will show on a real world load (that dyno can support real world load) as opposed to what you will find from a dyno jet/mustang tune. How many times have you heard the old adage: "We just finished the dyno tune and we have to go clean it up on the street/track”? If you have a dynomometer that will simulate every single load site on a fuel/ignition map, why would you need to do road tuning? Sounds safer to me and it IS more accurate. Let’s dispel some myths while we are at it, and get some actual REAL info out there.

Aha. That sums it up.

Hmm, I didn't even realize there were two kinds of dynos before this thread. Learned something here.

children !!! play nice

well good to see not much has changed

BTW who would WANT to own land at Carlisle?

David sorry bout UR car want to gimme a ride to dayton?

well good to see not much has changed

BTW who would WANT to own land at Carlisle?

David sorry bout UR car want to gimme a ride to dayton?

Hi Mark,

Glad to see your still around. If you want to ride to Dayton with me and Kathy just get to my place before 6:00 AM that Friday. Plenty of room in the Expedition.

David

Back