got a new winter/summer car.....NICE RIDE

pro street rich

Well I got a new ride for this winter driving.:D I must be getting old as I don't like jumpping up into my F350 4x4 as much any more.:eek: What did I get??? Ford 500 SEL AWD.:eek:

This is the only way to go. ;) You have all the good points of the 4x4 and yet you still get all the car ride things that make it fun to drive.:eek: This one is loaded with all the toys even heated seats and a roof. :eek:

They have really done their home work on this as it drives with just enough firmness in the driving to feel sporty, :D yet it is a very nice ride to go long trips with.:cool: ..I found one that has every option without paying for the limited name.

This thing is still fun to drive, sure it is not a S.C. but it will go thru snow and ice with out working up a sweet for the driver.:rolleyes:

If you are looking for a nice all around ride, this might be the place to look......Rich

i hear they are switching the name back mabey its just a rumor, but I hear they want the tarus name reestablished. But i agreee those are nice cars espically in Black:cool:

what a conincidence I just bought me a new ride yesterday also. Was looking at a 500 but drove home an '03 Black Explorer XLT V8 AWD :D with 35000 miles

name change.........

i hear they are switching the name back mabey its just a rumor, but I hear they want the tarus name reestablished. But i agreee those are nice cars espically in Black:cool:

You are right. they will change the name on the 08's. This is because there is more name association with the Taurus than the 500.. That being said, maybe I have a collector idem here...........LOL........Rich

I had rented the Mercury version the montego. Was fully loaded leather and all. The only potential complaint I have is it didnt have enough power. Otherwise it was an extremely well balanced vehicle..Comfortable and Roomy. Be nice to see people give it a try. It appeared to be a very well engineered vehicle..Thanks in part to Volvo of course

A sport version would be sweet..Lilmore power...ya know

Last edited:
A sport version would be sweet..Lilmore power...ya know

Or how about an SVT version or even bring back the SHO? Ford should give it some power to compete with the 300c, Camry, Maxima or even Impala 5.3. The new 3.5 V6 is a good start but still vastly underpowered, Ford should at least offer a 4.6 version with 300+ horsepower. Maybe then they would see people start to respond to their products a bit better. In the case of the 500, it seems conservative styling and weak powertrain are the main components holding back an otherwise solid product.

I got a 500 as a rental car awhile back, and was disappointed in the power. I actually made it a point to ask specificially for a Taurus from then on. Apparently, the base 500 engine is way down on power. Apparently, there must be an upgrade engine that's better. But then, rental cars always use the most anemic powerplants available (except the new Hertz Shelby!). For a family driver, I bought an '03 Lincoln LS V8 Premium Sport recently. No lack of power there; that Jag engine is sweet!

Back