Storage tray removal???

F

FearThis SC

Storage tray removal???

What is the easy way to remove the storage tray located below the A/C? I tried for 10 minutes to figure it out, and noticed that their are two clips in the top of the storage tray? Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Calvin

Re: Storage tray removal???

Calvin you have to use a couple Ford radio remover tools. You can find them at auto supplys and stereo stores. They are big u shaped handles that will insert into the four holes (two on each side). You push them in slightly angled apart at the tips, then once ther're in you spread the ends in your hands apart to release the retainers and pull.

Vernon

Re: Storage tray removal???

Thanks Vernon......

Cheers,
Calvin

Wait a minute. I don't think the storage tray has the four holes. I remember taking mine out and having to loop a couple of wires through the tabs that lock it in and pull on them to release it.

Re: Yup....no holes on storage tray

TBirdDiver.....I noticed that this morning.....I think Vernon might have thought I was talking about the A/C or sumptin. I did notice the tabs at the top of the tray.....I will try the wire trick that you described to see if I can get it out the same way. Thanks again.

Cheers,
Calvin

Re: Yup....no holes on storage tray

Those tabs are really quite large.

I think I used a long screwdriver and just slid it through the top to push the tab back through the storage tray. Just pry down the side with the tabs and fish in there with a tool.

my idea

what i did..... angle a screwdriver in the clip to pull it down then stick a folded piece of cardboard in to hold it open.. then do the same to the next then it will just pull out.

Back