Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Code reader anyone?

Code reader anyone?

Well got my car back together and it seems to be running fine...but I have a check engine light...anyone got a code reader?

"Goodyear" should have one or any Advance or Autozone should be able to read it for you.

I have an ODB 1 code reader. They are fairly cheep at Advance Auto or Autozone. I think I paid $28 for mine this past summer.

Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    "Goodyear" should have one or any Advance or Autozone should be able to read it for you.
    we do...I don't wanna do it at work ...

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChicken89 View Post
    I have an ODB 1 code reader. They are fairly cheep at Advance Auto or Autozone. I think I paid $28 for mine this past summer.

Bryan

Thanks that should help I need to get one anyway...Just pisses me off because it is running great and I cant hear any vacuum leaks..

Are you sure the EGR Transducer wiring is connected? If it isn't, that will throw a code.

Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChicken89 View Post
    Are you sure the EGR Transducer wiring is connected? If it isn't, that will throw a code.

Bryan
    Where is that located? I know for sure the EGR is sealed tight as a mortgage loan officer....

The EGR Transducer is normally bolted to the back side of Inlet Plenum between the Throttle Body and the Supercharger. The EGR Transducer has an electronic connector which mates up to the vehicle wiring. It is very easy to leave this connector unhooked which will cause your "Check Engine" light.

This is just a guess on my part. I assume you swapped out you SC again.

Bryan

of course.. ..couldn't keep that ~~~ that was on there..anyways I had 2 plugs on the TB one on the side ond one on the lower back by the plenum where it bolts to the TB..as far as I can tell they are both connected...unless there is one more I missed...

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet90SC View Post
    of course.. ..couldn't keep that ~~~ that was on there..anyways I had 2 plugs on the TB one on the side ond one on the lower back by the plenum where it bolts to the TB..as far as I can tell they are both connected...unless there is one more I missed...

There should be 2 electronic connections on the TB.... Throttle Position Sensor and Idle Air Control. These two connectors are on the SC side of the TB. There is a third connector on the Inlet Plenum, which is for the EGR Transducer. That one is located on the Firewall (backside) of the Inlet plenum. It may be very difficult to see if the cowl is installed on the car.

What did you take apart? You have never said what was disassembled. I just assumed you replaced the SC again. If we know what was disassembled, It may make trouble shooting the issue a little easier.

Good luck

Bryan

theren is a snall black box mounted to the back of the plenum. It kinda clips in behind it. If this is what you are reffereing to I did plug it on..but just maybe it came loose during intsall I'll give it a looksie....to see

thanks Rick

If that doesn't work, a small piece of black electrical tape over the CEL will fix that booger.....

Quote Originally Posted by the-big-e View Post
    If that doesn't work, a small piece of black electrical tape over the CEL will fix that booger.....
    I'll pull the bulb first Eddie...hate the damn thing anyways...everytime you pass gas in the car it goes off....

When I find an SC in the local pull-a-part, I take the gauge cluster out and 9 times out of 10, the CEL and ABS bulbs are missing......

I'm with Ed on this one... just pull da bulb

Bryan