conversion

You need to give a little better description of what you're asking it's a little vague.If you asking if you can swap a 5.0 into an SC yes you can you'll just need the mounts,ecm,and wiring harness from a V8 t-bird or cougar and then it should just bolt right in.

Jay

F/Y/I it would probably be the the cheapest to find a wrecked 5.0 bird and just buy the whole thing that way all the required parts will be at hand. And it should make the change over much less of a headache.Just my .02

Jay

yeah its always nice to have the whole car....

when i bought my sc engine i had the whole car and just got everything i thought i would possibly need then sold the car....

but ie shouldnt be as hard as yours... 1989 tbird sc to 1995 mustang v6

yea well i got a mustang that got hit in the front passenger side and the car is wrecked but the motor is still good so i was thinking of puttin the motor inside my 93 sc.. i was just wondering what i needed to make the conversion.

Watch out for the intake size. Tbird 5.0's had a shorter intake to fit under that low sloping hood. You would still need to find a Tbird 5.0 intake to fit it under there properly. I think the accessory drives were a bit different also, but dont quote me on that.

go to the tccoa.com forums and check for swap info there, i am currently dropping in a 5.0 into a 1990 sc that i have, ima have GT-40p heads, a GT-40 intake, underdrives, E-303 cam, exhaust, and got knows what else with this bad ~~~ job that i got in LAS VEGAS!

Last edited:
Yes it can be done.....here is my 95 t-bird, that had a 4.6l/4r70w in it..

99343.jpg

Back