New 89 cougar xr7 owner

Black89XR7

Hi guys! I just bought this cougar from "storm_dragon" on here a little over a month ago (http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82367) Its a 1989 cougar XR7 with a 5 speed. I just bought some plugs and wires for it yesterday so hopefully i will get it running right. From there the plans are to save up to fix the body. I would like to put a mach 1 hood from scp on it, 91 cougar grill & headlights along with some sc gfx. Right now it needs rocker panels, possibly floorboard patches(will have to look more in the light), abs/master cylinder assembly(brakes are very hard, and fluid is leaking onto the carpet), clutch, and balljoints. Here are some pictures i have taken of the car:

xr7001sm2hf5.jpg

xr7002sm2zn4.jpg

xr7003sm2nu3.jpg

xr7004sm2nv5.jpg

xr7006sm2jo1.jpg

Nice cars guys..Good to see more XR-7,s ...I also have an 89 5-Speed ,black...Had it less than a year...An love that its so rare...Most people i talk to never heard about the car....Keep them,restore them...Don,t crush,em.....

Unfortunately I am full of knowledge of rust and rust spots. :(

Every time I poked and prodded I discovered more rust but if you start you might as well keep going.

It is not an easy fix just be patient make sure your welding buddy owes you a favour or two and you will get through it. I'm hoping to finish up in the next few weeks.

Here's some pics of my disaster WARNING: Not for the faint of heart!

Attachments

• crack-inside-wheel-well.jpg
    crack-inside-wheel-well.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 344
  • rear-seat-drivers-side.jpg
    rear-seat-drivers-side.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 359
  • rear-window.jpg
    rear-window.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 307
  • rusted_rocker2.jpg
    rusted_rocker2.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 286
  • wheel-well.jpg
    wheel-well.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 379
I still havent built up the courage to take my ground effects off yet. I don't think it is rusted too bad though

Back