Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: DRL module location?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    128

    DRL module location?

    Hey Guys....Does anyone know where the DRL module location is?? wouldn't mind unplugged to lose the ugly things....Thanks!!! ( I like just the cat eyes )

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    West Flamborough, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,429
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteBirdy View Post
    Hey Guys....Does anyone know where the DRL module location is?? wouldn't mind unplugged to lose the ugly things....Thanks!!! ( I like just the cat eyes )

    The DRL module is located on the rad support, on the driver's side, up underneath the bumper cover. It's secured with just a single bolt, 8mm head I think.

    However, you can't just unplug the DRL module, as it will result in some things not working. I can't remember exactly which things, but it may be the headlamps (high beam) and/or signal lights. Ford does sell (or did, anyway) an adapter that you could plug in to the harness, in place of the module that would then bypass the DRL module but still keep everything else working. I don't think it was very expensive (maybe $20 or $30). Ed should have more information on it.

    Good luck!

    Cheers,

    Sean

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario ... CANADA !!!
    Posts
    7,561
    The bypass plug is even less than that, $7.79 + taxes at wholesale pricing. I almost always have one in stock at Fines.


    cheers
    Ed N.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    128
    Thanks for the help guys!!!...Up in Bolton eh?? lol Do other Ford dealerships usually have them in stock??

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario ... CANADA !!!
    Posts
    7,561
    Probably not, but they should be able to order it in overnight for you. F0FZ 14489 A is the Ford part number on that item.


    cheers
    Ed N.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    London
    Posts
    558
    cant you get a ticket for not having them on here in canada or is it only a saftie test thing? cuz i know you have to have them

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Ottawa/Trenton
    Posts
    1,510
    Techincally? Yes, it's an offence to disable the DRL if equipped as such from the factory. Is it enforced? I suggest unless you're a complete numb nut to the cop, you'll be fine. Our cars do look dorky with just the inside DRL lamps on.

    I always drive with full headlamps on .... day or night .... See and be seen for safety ....

    Bruce

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Woodslee - Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    718
    Quote Originally Posted by HoseHead View Post
    Techincally? Yes, it's an offence to disable the DRL if equipped as such from the factory. Is it enforced? I suggest unless you're a complete numb nut to the cop, you'll be fine. Our cars do look dorky with just the inside DRL lamps on.

    I always drive with full headlamps on .... day or night .... See and be seen for safety ....

    Bruce
    I have to agree on that. I always drive with all the lights on for the fact that MN12's look dumb with only the insides on.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    128
    Thanks for the help!!...

    I always drive with full headlights on too...looks dumb with drl's but looks really good with just parking lights.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario ... CANADA !!!
    Posts
    7,561
    Quote Originally Posted by 5speedxr7 View Post
    cant you get a ticket for not having them on here in canada or is it only a saftie test thing? cuz i know you have to have them
    If the vehicle was equipped with them from the factory, they will need to be working to pass a safety inspection.

    Do you need them by law for driving? No, it's not required in the Highway Traffic Act, according to the retired Peel Regional Police Inspector who works for us part time.


    cheers
    Ed N.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by fast Ed View Post
    If the vehicle was equipped with them from the factory, they will need to be working to pass a safety inspection.

    Do you need them by law for driving? No, it's not required in the Highway Traffic Act, according to the retired Peel Regional Police Inspector who works for us part time.


    cheers
    Ed N.
    hmmmmmm....very interesting....I thought they were required....Thanks!!

    Hey....you guys wouldn't ship or deliver product to Markham eh?? lol If i give you the Visa #?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario ... CANADA !!!
    Posts
    7,561
    I could put it in the mail, that would be the easiest / cheapest way.

    Send me a p.m. or e-mail message if you would like to get one from us.



    thanks,
    Ed N.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by fast Ed View Post
    I could put it in the mail, that would be the easiest / cheapest way.

    Send me a p.m. or e-mail message if you would like to get one from us.



    thanks,
    Ed N.

    Thanks Ed...I Managed to get one through ford for like $9.00...I just tried to throw it in but i could not find where it would fit in. The only plug I found was more rectangular as this plug that i bought is more oval.....It was on the passenger side under rad support? Any ideas??

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Long Island, NY 11793
    Posts
    5,112
    Okay. DRL ?? Only the inside lights??? What the hey are you all talking about?? You speak Canadian and I speak Nu Yawk so I know it must be a language thing, right

    But seriously, what are you referring to??

    Ira

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by Ira R. View Post
    Okay. DRL ?? Only the inside lights??? What the hey are you all talking about?? You speak Canadian and I speak Nu Yawk so I know it must be a language thing, right

    But seriously, what are you referring to??

    Ira
    lol..DRL = Daytime Running Lights.....Up here in Canada, any vehicle after 1989 was required to have these by law and the are a lower beam that turn on with the car.....looks crappy when they are running without the parking lights....

Similar Threads

  1. resetting keyless door pad?
    By obucina in forum Technical Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-31-2006, 03:00 PM
  2. New info on dis module
    By merkur in forum Technical Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-20-2006, 11:11 PM
  3. New and need help
    By Garrard8 in forum Technical Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-31-2005, 01:43 AM
  4. ARC Module
    By HoseHead in forum Super Coupe Club of Ontario
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-04-2004, 02:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •