DRL module location?

WhiteBirdy

Hey Guys....Does anyone know where the DRL module location is?? wouldn't mind unplugged to lose the ugly things....Thanks!!! ( I like just the cat eyes ;) )

Hey Guys....Does anyone know where the DRL module location is?? wouldn't mind unplugged to lose the ugly things....Thanks!!! ( I like just the cat eyes ;) )

The DRL module is located on the rad support, on the driver's side, up underneath the bumper cover. It's secured with just a single bolt, 8mm head I think.

However, you can't just unplug the DRL module, as it will result in some things not working. I can't remember exactly which things, but it may be the headlamps (high beam) and/or signal lights. Ford does sell (or did, anyway) an adapter that you could plug in to the harness, in place of the module that would then bypass the DRL module but still keep everything else working. I don't think it was very expensive (maybe $20 or $30). Ed should have more information on it.

Good luck!

Cheers,

Sean

The bypass plug is even less than that, $7.79 + taxes at wholesale pricing. I almost always have one in stock at Fines. :)

cheers
Ed N.

Thanks for the help guys!!!...Up in Bolton eh?? lol Do other Ford dealerships usually have them in stock??

Probably not, but they should be able to order it in overnight for you. F0FZ 14489 A is the Ford part number on that item.

cheers
Ed N.

cant you get a ticket for not having them on here in canada or is it only a saftie test thing? cuz i know you have to have them

Techincally? Yes, it's an offence to disable the DRL if equipped as such from the factory. Is it enforced? I suggest unless you're a complete numb nut to the cop, you'll be fine. Our cars do look dorky with just the inside DRL lamps on.

I always drive with full headlamps on .... day or night .... See and be seen for safety .... :)

Bruce

Techincally? Yes, it's an offence to disable the DRL if equipped as such from the factory. Is it enforced? I suggest unless you're a complete numb nut to the cop, you'll be fine. Our cars do look dorky with just the inside DRL lamps on.

I always drive with full headlamps on .... day or night .... See and be seen for safety .... :)

Bruce

I have to agree on that. I always drive with all the lights on for the fact that MN12's look dumb with only the insides on.

Thanks for the help!!...

I always drive with full headlights on too...looks dumb with drl's but looks really good with just parking lights.

cant you get a ticket for not having them on here in canada or is it only a saftie test thing? cuz i know you have to have them

If the vehicle was equipped with them from the factory, they will need to be working to pass a safety inspection.

Do you need them by law for driving? No, it's not required in the Highway Traffic Act, according to the retired Peel Regional Police Inspector who works for us part time. :)

cheers
Ed N.

If the vehicle was equipped with them from the factory, they will need to be working to pass a safety inspection.

Do you need them by law for driving? No, it's not required in the Highway Traffic Act, according to the retired Peel Regional Police Inspector who works for us part time. :)

cheers
Ed N.

hmmmmmm....very interesting....I thought they were required....Thanks!!

Hey....you guys wouldn't ship or deliver product to Markham eh?? lol If i give you the Visa #?

I could put it in the mail, that would be the easiest / cheapest way.

Send me a p.m. or e-mail message if you would like to get one from us.

thanks,
Ed N.

I could put it in the mail, that would be the easiest / cheapest way.

Send me a p.m. or e-mail message if you would like to get one from us.

thanks,
Ed N.

Thanks Ed...I Managed to get one through ford for like $9.00...I just tried to throw it in but i could not find where it would fit in. The only plug I found was more rectangular as this plug that i bought is more oval.....It was on the passenger side under rad support? Any ideas??

Okay. DRL ?? Only the inside lights??? What the hey are you all talking about?? You speak Canadian and I speak Nu Yawk so I know it must be a language thing, right ;)

But seriously, what are you referring to??

Ira

Okay. DRL ?? Only the inside lights??? What the hey are you all talking about?? You speak Canadian and I speak Nu Yawk so I know it must be a language thing, right ;)

But seriously, what are you referring to??

Ira

lol..DRL = Daytime Running Lights.....Up here in Canada, any vehicle after 1989 was required to have these by law and the are a lower beam that turn on with the car.....looks crappy when they are running without the parking lights....

Thanks Ed...I Managed to get one through ford for like $9.00...I just tried to throw it in but i could not find where it would fit in. The only plug I found was more rectangular as this plug that i bought is more oval.....It was on the passenger side under rad support? Any ideas??

Should be near the centre of the rad support, near the top if I recall correctly.

cheers
Ed N.

Back