WTB - valve cover gasket

Do you really need it?

Several times I have fixed valve cover gasket leaks just by retightening the screws. They are accessible (even on a 90') without removing anything.
Usually if it is leaking you will find them very close to finger tight, and they will turn 2 or 3 turns to snug up an stop leaks.
PR

Several times I have fixed valve cover gasket leaks just by retightening the screws. They are accessible (even on a 90') without removing anything.
Usually if it is leaking you will find them very close to finger tight, and they will turn 2 or 3 turns to snug up an stop leaks.
PR

Thanks for the tip. I have another sc motor and I am just replacing a few gaskets on it, while its on the stand. Plus I am painting the block. This engine is strong with a 130,000KM on it. I will try to post some pics.

PR

I'm gonna try this today... I just "assumed" that it needs new ones because the car is old.... I'll torque them down and blast it with some degreaser and see if the helps... Probably worthless though since S&S is shipping me my new motor here next week..but it will give me an excuse to tinker out in the garage.....

Back