Just did it!

Wanted1990SC

Well, I'm joining the rest of you as an SC owner. I won this tonight on Ebay and hopefully i'll have it shipped to me within 2 weeks. It has 50,000 miles. This is my 3rd SC.

Attachments

• LH138537-1sm.jpg
    LH138537-1sm.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 108
  • LH138537-3sm.jpg
    LH138537-3sm.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 101
  • LH138537-10sm.jpg
    LH138537-10sm.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 138
  • LH138537-20sm.jpg
    LH138537-20sm.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 131
I was looking at that one on there lastnight (not to bid..just like to look). Man what a beautiful car. Excellent example as far as I can tell from the photos. Congrats!

Nice!

Very nice SC I was looking at it also just to look because I would like to have a real SC not a clone like mine,But hey happy winning to you I hope you enjoy it.
Later Greg AKA Rubymustang:D :)

Winning bid is $4,910.00.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...RK:MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=320088582293&rd=1,1

I was paranoid about buying an unseen car, but from the pictures it looks beautiful. I wasn't even expecting to win it and it couldn't come at a worse time. I close on my new house on July 15th and me and my girlfriend are floating her mortgage and rent. I guess I couldn't pass it up in the end. lol I'm a sucker, what can I say?

Now the question is do I mod it or leave it as is? For the most part this will just sit in the garage. My girlfriend is happy because I told her if I didn't get a SC, I was just going to go buy a crotch rocket one day during the summer and bring it home without her knowing.

If the bids were $3k or less, I would have joined in. As it is, I think it is worth more than that.. I'm just not flush with cash/time at the moment. Glad to see a SCCOA member got it. Congrats.. I think you got a great deal. :cool:

Love the red ones..Good deal!

I'd give it a once over tuneup to start with..Plugs Wires, fuel filter then take it from there. Even low mile examples have had plus changed..And not always all of them

...Now the question is do I mod it or leave it as is?...

A nice, original, low-mileage car like that needs to be kept that way, and NOT modified. If you start to modify it, you'll tank the value. I would suggest using one of your other ones to build a modified car they way you want.

JD

Very nice SC indeed. I saw that one on ebay as well and was shock with how well it looks. To bad the top of the back seat is toast.

Shane

Thanks guys! I REALLY REALLY do appreciate the warm reception I got. It makes me feel a WHOLE lot better about my decision. I was worried about buying it sight unseen and my dad was giving me crap about buying a 18 year old car without even seeing it. He's a retired ASE mechanic. I've been looking for a new SC for a while and this is the nicest one that i've seen for a while that isn't asking like $9000 for. Once again, thanks!

I didn't notice the back seats ripped from the sun until my friend pointed it out. I was staring at the pictures for sometime too. lol Blinded by lust I guess. Hopefully I can find a nice clean replacement for it.

BTW- been visting this site for some years now. Sometimes I even post! :D But now I can finally go to a Shootout without feeling like an outsider! :p

I agree with JD, keep it stock. Very nice ride by the way, keep us in the loop when you get it home and start checking it out.

Well, I stopped by my dad's today and talked to him about the car. he was pretty pissed off that I would "waste money" on a car like that. I guess he doesn't remember that he had a brand new 1968 Mustang GT Fastback with a 390 big block in it all the way up until around 1983 when he sold it. He loved that car and while I wanted to explain to him that's how I feel about the SC, I think he wouldn't care nor understand. Oh well....can't please everyone. :rolleyes:

I'll take pictures as soon as I get it and post them on here.

Tell your dad, that I'm an old fart in his late 40s with 3 supercoupes who knows these cars inside and out... who thinks you got a good deal. :cool:

Back