Supracoupe project update, pics.

SCCoupe50

Here are a few update pics of the project. I just got the driveshaft today and everything seems to fit very nicely, so as long as I measured the length right, all should be well there. The engine is totally rebuilt now and assembled. I just a have a few more parts to put on it before I drop it back in the car. I still need to make about a half in clearance between the upper intake and the master cylinder, do some wiring, intake piping, and exhaust and all will be pretty much done. Easier said than done, but its more time consuming than it is difficult. All of the major headaches are out of the way in my opinion. I have also decided to use the stock twin turbos for now since I already have them. These will out live the transmission anyway, so until I decide to dump money into an upgraded tranny, no sence in running a bigger turbo.

Jason

DSC018841.JPG

DSC018871.JPG

DSC018861.JPG

DSC018851.JPG

DSC018881.JPG

DSC018891.JPG

DSC018901.JPG

Maybe this car will be featured in the Fast and the Furious 4.

Like the mustang with the skyline engine in 3.

Keep up the good work and keep us posted

talk about taking corn bread and making it rice....:(

hehe jk i cant wat to see the finished product :D

PS, SOMEONE BUY MY CAR!!:D :D

I wanted to get the engine and tranny in permanently this week when I ran into a problem. I have the wrong torque converter. So I need to get one of those and am currently working that issue. If I had that and a good wiring harness for the engine, I could have started it this weekend(not drive it, start it). I have to wire a couple of different wiring harnesses together to avoid the $950 bill that Toyota wants for a new one and used ones are non-existent. It will be more time consuming than hard and the warmer weather is coming, so it will be nice time spent in the garage. :)

Engine is in, more pics.

Ok, the engine is in now. The last hurdle is the wiring. I decided to modify the upper intake as apposed to deleting the antilock braking system for a smaller reservoir. I just need a buddy to weld a piece back in there, and its wide open in there so it shouldnt hurt flow to the rear cylinder. Ill also have to solder the wires to the reservoir to allow more room, but thats no big deal. Lots of room everywhere else. The driveshaft bolted up fine. I just need to make a 1/2 inch adapter plate and the transmission will bolt right to the stock tranny mount. Its crazy how well this lined up. The exhaust manafold has lot of room around it as well, so that should be cake to fab up.

DSC011891.JPG

DSC011892.JPG

DSC011893.JPG

DSC011894.JPG

DSC011895.JPG

DSC011896.JPG

DSC011897.JPG

DSC011898.JPG

Thats pretty cool. I dont think you will EVER have problems with the stock tranny. There is a guy that is local that is supposedly running a 96mm turbo on his at over 1000hp (I have been told and dont know this to be a fact) but he is still on the stock manual tranny.

Anyway, I am glad you are running an auto. This keeps me in the running for the fastest five speed ever...........Once.......

Chris

It Runs!!

I finally got it running. Roughly, but I had to test it. I am making my own engine harness with pieces from 3 harnesses, so its a one wire at a time job, but its going to pay off. I dont have the radiator or exhaust hooked up. No fluid in the tranny. The mass air meter isnt hooked up so its pig rich, but it started. The front turbo was full of oil from when I bought the engine. I guess it was on its side and leaked in. When I gave it some gas after starting it the first time, the turbo spooled up (turbos arnt hooked up to the intake either) a big blob of old oil blew outta there onto the hood and me. Kinda freaked me out. :) Then I realized what happened and all was good. Anyway here is the video. Its all coming together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_FOhSDUIOo

Back