Need help with my T-bird

T-bird_Newbie

Hey guys,

This is my first post here. I resently purchased a 95 Thunderbird. I love it, but I don't know a whole lot about cars. I was wondering if you guys could help me out and give me some tips on how I could improve performance. It has a 3.8 L V6 Engine. It is also not a SC its and LX. Could I add a supercharger? How much would that cost? What else would you guys suggest for someone on a limited budget. Just ask if there is any other info on the car that you need and I'll get it asap. Thanks.

Just my Opinion...But....

Frankly I think you would be wasting your time and money...If you want a supercharged T-Bird get an SC...You can pick one up at a pretty decent price...Just shop around, and don't rush the find it will fall into your lap if you look hard for the right one...The 3.8 LX is a good reliable car, if reliable is what you need then I would say stick with what you got...If you wanna spend all your spare cash and wrench on your bird and haul azz then get an SC...

Cheers

Im not looking to make a really fast street racer or anything like that. I just like to work on cars, though I don't know much about them yet. When I'm older (only 17 right now) I'm going to work on older, faster cars. Now I just want some sort of project for my car. I know compared to other Thunderbirds mine isn't much, but compared to what alot of my friends drive, it's a top car. Does anyone know of some small things that would improve my car? I would like to here any ideas that cost under $500 to do.

start with the basics cold air intake, exhaust,changing the rear gear down a little, then you could always start going a little more on the fuel (bigger maf, throttle body,injectors and fuel pump) about in that order you might won't to do the rear gear first though it'll give it a whole new attitude.

Back