what was everyone's projects for their SC's this year?

Dahoopd you know 245/50/18 is taller than stock size tires right? 245/45/18 is exact same so you don't throw off the speedometer. Just so ya know, maybe you already did.

How close to being done is your car?

Yes, I wanted a little taller to aid some of the obnoxious wheel well. I plan on lowering it 1.5 also. Plus the taller tire will aid a small amount with the 3:27 gears..... I hope.

All I really have to do is install the rear as soon as it comes back, finish the FMIC and put in a slave cylinder and get a tune from dave. The tranny really needs to be rebuilt but I cant wait any longer. I will wait until the synchros are completely shot.

Well let's see....

SCProblem2.jpg

hahaha mine look like that too. im replacing mine this weekend though.

Along with completly rebuilt suspension
a little rust work
new wheels
Clean the interior
ported blower
some 42# injectors
and mybe ill redo my exhaust

Where are you working in Antioch? Let me know and we can get together for dinner my wife is a great cook.:D

hahaha mine look like that too. im replacing mine this weekend though.

Yeah, you gotta LOVE road salt.....:rolleyes:

I had to cut 3 of the 4 IRS bolts out of the car to get the IRS to drop. Now I need to get into the trunk floor to replace the nuts that have broken free of the welds.

My project for the winter was the M112 conversion than dyno it. Got that done except the head gaskets gave out. Now I am just waiting for some big valve ported heads to come back from Ohio so I can bolt them on and return to the dyno for some #s. I plan to just drive the car this year as I have other blower projects taking up my time. If I have time I want to convert the auto seat belts to manual ones and fix some of the other small glitches on the car

Ken

It may not look like it, but ultimately this is for both of my SC's and XR7's :D

100_1559.JPG

100_1560.JPG

100_1641.JPG

100_1646.JPG

100_1647.JPG

And for those who don't know my truck, it's got the 8' bed :)

wow ! i never expected this many posts in so little time.

looks like everyone's doing more upgrades to the suspension, brakes and tires than tryin to push horsepower to the limit.

this year my goal is 13's.......THATS IT !

next year i'll be doin all the suspension and tire upgrades, maybe a cam and supporting parts, but mostly suspension and tire stuff.

New Paint Job

I had mine repainted. Ended up sepnding more than I wanted to initially (isn't that always the way...), but it came out great. I love it.
Now I just gotta get the wheels back from the wheel shop, put some new rubber on and it'll be good to go!

I also installed some new custom gauge-faces.

been gathering up parts for upgrades to my black '94sc:

mildly ported and polished heads
ported intake manifold
80mm c&l maf
85mm mp tb
cam
scorpion roller rockers
60lb injectors
shorty ac condensor
2 program sct chip from dave dalke
mpx blower case & plenum
25% overdrive kit

all that plus a bottom end rebuild and who knows maybe some new pistons, rods and maybe a stall convertor:D

well, lets see.
42# injectors
94 blower (ported maybe)
roller rockers
clutch
B&M ripper
ported intake- gasket match heads
headers (full length)
C&L 76 & 75mm TB (BBK?)
SCP fresh tube (3")
gasket match and smooth everything I can, and modify the harnesses to put it all in a 97 LX chassis:eek: -- then figure out how to get rid of those moldings next year:cool:

Attachments

• PICT0004.JPG
    PICT0004.JPG
    329.1 KB · Views: 78
  • PICT0157.JPG
    PICT0157.JPG
    318.8 KB · Views: 121
  • PICT00370.JPG
    PICT00370.JPG
    324 KB · Views: 83
my plans are
1.cut front wheels to 16x3.5 and widening rears to 16x15 then rechroming them.
2.install narrowed 8.75 dodge rearend because I have one and they used to be used in top fuel up till the late 60s, they are strong and parts are easy to get + axles can be cut and splined cheap. also this will be 4 linked and tubed.

3.install inverted with top fueler scoop sticking out hood.
4. make clear plexi glass hood out of my existing one as a mold" for stock setup. and one for scooped blower.
5.after im done with the 3.8 and its toast ill install the 460 with 8/71 blower and a much modified c4 with adaptor plate into my sc.
6. drop a 3.8sc engine into a 73 merc capri. then ill be out of time and money.
7. wake up and realize i dont have the time to do all this in one year.

hmm....well what i know i will be doing it....fixxing all its little problems the sc has...thats it.

thats pretty much it....after that im saving for either a 86-93 foxbody 5.0 mustang vert,coupe,hatch whatever....i just know that i want a foxbody as my next car...oh yeah..has to be a 5 speed....

i would mod the supercoupe but after looking i think it would be better to keep it stock engine wise....the last thing i need is some blown headgaskets...

and it cost a hell of a lot to go fast we these cars...plus...me and a very fast car i think i would get in to much trouble...

1) Don't break the bank
Ah ~~~~, failed that one already

1) Transmission, Lentech (what broke the bank :rolleyes:)
2) Install all of this that has been sitting for a year:
- 17 x 8 TSW Nagaro Chrome Wheels + Tires
- 94/95 Spindles
- Mustang Front and rear hubs
- Mustang GT Front calipers + pads + rotors
- Re-drilled T-bird rear rotors + calipers + pads
- All new lines
- Koni Yellow Inserts + Vogtland Springs (.75 Drop)
- Griffen Rad
3) Ordered and waiting on DD Heads/Cam/Intake manifold package.
4) Attend shoot out and have fun!

Quick on the draw, that was my question

We share the same sickness....You know, thinking of more mods before we can even finish the mods we are already doing.

I hate the ball and socket connection on my Kooks mid length headers and I'm either going to convert the connections to V-bands or switch to long tube headers and use the standard 3 bolt flange with a gasket. If I can pick up a few HP by going to the long tubes that may be a better way to go.

David

Back