Congrats Greg!

Yes...
I am saying goodbye to the Miata tomorrow and am now the proud owner of the car formerly known as Sweets II. You can never get away from these cars!:D But I couldin't be happier about it, I was originally looking for something a little larger with more power and started searching out Lincoln LSs but didin't like the auto trannys. They felt like they were out of a Taurus, and we all know Fords track record with auto transmissions. So I started looking at lexus and BMW but didin't find much that peaked my intrest that wouldin't cost me my salary.:( Then out of the blue (no pun intended) I found out that Rick was selling Sweets II!?!?! I was confused at first but then started thinking, then started wondering why I was thinking and locked myself into buying one sweet SC.
She's going to be my daily driver, and I plan on just keeping things simple on her and preserve what a fine example of an SC it is. I've put the B&M ripper on it and am going to replace the valve cover gaskets on it tomorrow.
I still can't believe how nice it is and that I own it.
Thank you Rick for taking the time to deliver it to me, that was a suprise as well as really nice gesture to take the time to do it.
I know you will still be showing up to the convinent meets that you can accomidate, I know that the SC was too big of a part of you to just leave this group of wierdos!
I'll have pics to come in the next day or so.

I knew she was going to a good home...and my SC days are by no means ended...this is an incurable illness for sure.I just have to take some personal time to get this other seemingly incurable pain in my a$$ fixed first...one more surgery next month and then lets hope for the best and see what happens....Greg thanks a million for all your help and I know for sure she is in good hands....leaking Valve cover withstanding..... She is most deffinitely one of the nicest I've ever seen.... a real sweet SC..;)

Nice ride Greg glad you back in a SC

Rick here you are giving me hell for maybe moving mine and your giving yours away:D :D :D :D :D

Hey Jake I couldnt help but notice your sig do you still have your SC and its running??

No I sold the SC a few months ago to a guy a couple street over from me. Him and his 15yr old son are putting a carb'd 302 in it for the kids first car. I go by about twice a month to help out and check on the car. They've made lots of progress so I'm glad it went to someone who could use it. You won't see me in a SC for a long time but I have the stang and have been looking into the ProCharger kits lately so we'll see how that goes.
BTW congrats on the new baby and the new job, Jen and I wish you and Pam the best.

Alright, Well I fixed the leaky valve cover gasket, which actually turned out to be a cracked magnesium valve cover. Although she was in luck, as I had a set of valve covers in my "inventory" that was already bead blasted and painted "Ford Blue" along with some fresh gaskets. Although you can't even see them once installed:rolleyes: I got it all buttoned up and took her for a test drive, she idled flawlessly upon startup but ran like a dog. I know there's a vac leak somewhere, just got to find it in the daylight tomorrow.;)
Man, I sure did miss the SC game! at least I know where everything is and have at least 2 of every part in stock. I think I'm up to 6 or 7 blowers, 2 sets of heads 4 alternators. the list goes on... I should be set for a while:p

I'll get it figured out after work tomorrow.
I still haven't gotten any pics of her yet, I do swear she exists! Right Rick!?!?

Greg

Yip!:D She lives and breaths.....:p

Attachments

• pictures 062.jpg
    pictures 062.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 51
  • pictures 064.jpg
    pictures 064.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 50
  • pictures 065.jpg
    pictures 065.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 59
  • pictures 068.jpg
    pictures 068.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 51
  • pictures 130.jpg
    pictures 130.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 56
Well, did Greg get the hood also? Inquiring minds would like to know. :D
That baby needs the hood.

Thanks for the pics Rick!
I got home today after registering her and fixed the vac leak. Running much better now.
Yes, I did a little dealing with Rick and got the hood as well, needs a little glasswork as well as paint. I'm going to hold off on that for a little though. I want to spend my tax return on doing some preventive maintianance to her to make her as reliable as I can since this is my daily driver now.
Hopefully this weekend I can get her washed up and some pics of her.
I forgot how huge these cars are! I feel like i'm in a tanker after driving the Miata!;)

To be a bit more specific "Flip"....He now owns the cervinis hood, more chrome tensioners and more billet pulleys that as of yet need to be installed.....amazing what you can accomplish when you don't have to go lay down every 10 minutes. I;m glad the leak turned out to be just a crack valve cover and I'm man enough to admit it.....I prolly broke it screwin around in there and not bein able to pull myself off the car.....just gald it was a fairly:rolleyes: easy fix....he also has a new spring lowering kit and Twi-Blue colored Radiator yet to be installed thats goes with her too....:D ;)

Have a ball Greg!:D

Yup, still trying to get all the little things done to her, I think I'm going to do the smart thing and omit the EGR as I think I'm having the same problem as rick did before. I did it on my titanium SC with good results and for as much as I remove my SC I think it would be wise. I think this weekend is going to be motor mount time, I have a spare set of solids I think I'm going to put in as I feel a vibration only under accel. She drives smooth as can be but is a little rough on the gas. I will probably pick up a new balancer to put on her as well, I know this one is most likely stock pushing 17 years.:eek: that may help with the vibe as well.
Today I threw an I/C fan on her to help with charge temps just need to finish up the wiring in the daylight. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, I'll be deleting the cats as well to help releive the pressure on the head gaskets.
I've got my hands full Rick, with time the shiney parts will go on her:cool:

Back