Thinking Of Selling The Famous Sonysc.

SonySC

As I will be turning 70 years old later this year I am thinking of selling the famous SonySC. It was origionally owned and shown by SonyCorp from 1991 to 1996, and towed in a enclosed trailer to car shows showing off the revolutionary Sony XES Digital Stereo System.
Sony outfitted it with 2 batteries, a 135 amp alternator, and a trunk full of first class stereo equipment. Digital processor, digital crossover, tuner, 10 disc deck, 5 amps (bass, lows, mids, highs, and reverb channels) and a remote like you use on your TV. Since then I have added a Sony CD910 tuner/cd player to the dash so I can try out new CDs before loading up the changer, alo I have RCA jacks in the console compartment to plug in a portable CD or tape walkman or sattelite radio unit. It has 2 12" bass speakers in a custom enclosure and 8 speakers and 4 tweeters in the side panels.

Two years ago I had Bob Johnson of the Sacramento Area (BJ1) build the engine. It has Ross domed pistons and Eagle Windsor forged rods, Polished and balanced, Coy Miller cam, big valves with appropriate headwork, roller rockers, late big oil pump, totally modded 95 blower ( by Embree ), 70 mm throttle body, mid length headers , hi flow cats, and cat back exhaust. The AOD has been rebuilt with heavier valving, and it has a aluminum MK8 rear end with 3.78s and rear end brace and air lifts.
It is a white 92 SC with titanium interior, stock wheels but big rubber, Fiero wing but other than that it is stock outside. I converted the front end to MK8 spindles and added cross drilled disks and 2000 Mustang PBR calipers.

nt seats.omIt is still very clean but can use some reupolstery .

Actually, my sister in law in San Francisco has been bugging me about my SC's for a while now. Always liked them and keeps threatening to find one to show me up. Looks like this car could do that.

Do you have any pictures I could send her? A price in mind I could mention to her? A way she can reach out to you?

I can be reached further at ira dot robinson at gmail dot com

Ira

IRA stop trying to hog up all teh good SC's in the country allright? :O)

Nice car..If it wernt so far away I'd fight Ira for it

Good luck with the sale!

As I will be turning 70 years old later this year I am thinking of selling the famous SonySC. It was origionally owned and shown by SonyCorp from 1991 to 1996, and towed in a enclosed trailer to car shows showing off the revolutionary Sony XES Digital Stereo System.
Sony outfitted it with 2 batteries, a 135 amp alternator, and a trunk full of first class stereo equipment. Digital processor, digital crossover, tuner, 10 disc deck, 5 amps (bass, lows, mids, highs, and reverb channels) and a remote like you use on your TV. Since then I have added a Sony CD910 tuner/cd player to the dash so I can try out new CDs before loading up the changer, alo I have RCA jacks in the console compartment to plug in a portable CD or tape walkman or sattelite radio unit. It has 2 12" bass speakers in a custom enclosure and 8 speakers and 4 tweeters in the side panels.

Two years ago I had Bob Johnson of the Sacramento Area (BJ1) build the engine. It has Ross domed pistons and Eagle Windsor forged rods, Polished and balanced, Coy Miller cam, big valves with appropriate headwork, roller rockers, late big oil pump, totally modded 95 blower ( by Embree ), 70 mm throttle body, mid length headers , hi flow cats, and cat back exhaust. The AOD has been rebuilt with heavier valving, and it has a aluminum MK8 rear end with 3.78s and rear end brace and air lifts.
It is a white 92 SC with titanium interior, stock wheels but big rubber, Fiero wing but other than that it is stock outside. I converted the front end to MK8 spindles and added cross drilled disks and 2000 Mustang PBR calipers.

nt seats.omIt is still very clean but can use some reupolstery .

got any pics sounds cool????

Am interested

I am presently in Phoenix but get to SF a lot as I lived there for most of my life.

Sooo, am interested depending if I can afford it. Can you give me an idea as to how much you may want for it. I recently sold my 92 SC and am missing it so this one sounds like one that I would really like to have.

JC

Another entry

George,
Just tried to send you an e-mail that was listed on your web site and it was not deliverable. Soo, if you would send me a response to my home e-mail (jc5157@aol.com) I would l then have it and we can maybe move forward with this.
Thanks, Jim C.

RE: SonySC

I haven't decided on a price yet as I have over $8,000 in the drivetrain with less than 25,000 miles, but I realize it was a labor of love, not for resale value.
I'll try to get out to take some current pictures.
I can be reached at SonySC@hotmail.com or GRClarke@pacbell.net.
I live in Danville, CA just east of San Francisco.

I also have a spare complete rebuilt anti-lock brake system & computer in the box along with other spare parts I've collected.

RE: SonySC

I have updated my member's page with new info and have sent additional pix to the SC Guys to be posted.
I would like to get close to $6,000 out of her but then again she comes with close to $1,500 worth of spare parts.
George Clarke 925-984-3785 cell
aka the SonySC@hotmail.com

Back