WTB: 75mm Throttle Body- Advice please

BlkBirds

I'm going with a C&L 76mm MAFS, the 3" SCP inlet, and a 94 blower. I'd like to put a 75mm throttle body on, as well. Any reason any brand is better than another? BBK has great name recognition, but is it really any better? Pro Products unit sells for at least $60 less. Am I wasting my time and $$ if I still have the stock inlet??? I planned on hogging it out (if possible) but haven't really looked into that. Some say 68mm is as big as you can get a stock inlet.

Thanks for any help, Kurt

from my other thread

anyways, When i put supercharger back on, I knoticed that the arm on my 75mm Professional products Tb from the group buy, had the crimped on arm falling off, AGAIn... the day I got it, I put it on the car, took it for a drive, and TWICE, it got stuck at WOT, makign me shut the car off and pull over and un-jam it...I had the arm tack-welded so it stopped flopping all over.I guess after driving it, it started wobbling again, so now i have to weld it on there better this time.....If you have this TB, you should take a look at it and try moving the arm around to amke sure its not loose,so you can catch it befor you get stuck WOT, and almost slam into cars in front of you..:(

70mm bbk tb

Hello,
I have seen people pull within 1-3hp over all on a dyno with 70mm tb compared to the 75mm tb. They had almost identical setups.
To see a real difference you need a larger plenum ,and a ported blower.
You also need a good flowing exhaust.
Thanks,
D Rainer

Hey, thanks for the input guys. I definitely have no interest in getting stuck at WOT.
And I do have full length headers, and cat back kit. Maybe I need a thread in the tech forum.
Thanks again, Kurt

Back