Pics of the SC with new 245/50/16's

FineLineMtrSprt

I went iwth Hankook's, they are only costing me about 72 bucks a tire and they seem really well in the rain. Although i havent tried a launch yet, i have noticed from a slow rolling luanch in 2nd gear i dont have anywhere near the wheelhop i did with the junkazz PepBoys specials that were on the car. So heres a bunch of pics...dont mind the paint..its gettnig fixed sooner or later lol

SuperCoupe024.jpg

SuperCoupe029.jpg

SuperCoupe030.jpg

SuperCoupe023.jpg

SuperCoupe025.jpg

SuperCoupe022.jpg

While im at it....

Heres pics of the SCP Intake tube and MAC 9in conical filter

SuperCoupe020.jpg

SuperCoupe021.jpg

Oh and what the hell...pics of my roommates stang....yeah its not a MN12 but she loves it none the less and i sold her most of the parts on it lol

SuperCoupe031.jpg

They are about 3/4 of an inch shorter but the grand plan is to add Vogtland 3/4in drop springs and go with 18in wheels and tires. I had to get the junkazz Pepboy tires off the car and figured i would stepup in width since they were like 2 bucks more...but i didnt want to go taller so i went slightly shorter..... but here ya go

SuperCoupe039.jpg

SuperCoupe040.jpg

on one of my 94sc's i'm running 245/50/16's with intrax springs which drop it 2" in the front and 1.8" in the rear. i got to admit that my old a$$ grunts a little getting out of it...lol

Attachments

• tires.jpg
    tires.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 150
If my wife wouldn't have left the digital camera at work I'd show pics of my SC, I just lowered it and it's pretty low. I've had 245/50/16's before and you gotta go like 82 to be going 70. Not to mention it makes the 4x4 look of the car even worse. I did like the wider tread patch though. I think I'm going to try 255/55 next.

Mitch that's close to the way mine sits. Mines lower than my wife's Z24 (although maybe not when it was lowered but she didn't like slammed so I had to raise it back up). I think that's the way these things should have came from the factory. If you look at any sports car (vette, 911, gallardo, f-430...) they all sit very low and have little fender gap from the factory. American cars look like trucks on stock suspension.

Funny thing my 92 5-speed has eibachs, it has more fender gap than my 90 auto, they are both on 225/60 Eagle GA's, and the 92 sits lower. My 90 has between 1-2 finger gap at each wheel and the 92 has has 2 finger and almost 3 on the rear, but it's lower. I don't understand how.

Last edited:
Well going from a 225/60/16 to a 245/50/16 should have your speedo off by about 2-3mph...according to tire size calculators...plus i have 3.55 gears anyway so my speedo was already off. Also ive seent he 255/50 look on the stock rims and i dont like it....tire bulges too much at the sidewall and looks kinda goofy to me...but thats just my opinion. And yes i like the look of sports cars and the way they sit..but FOR ME...there also the point of being too low. Takes too much away from the ride and looks. These tires were cheap and work pretty well so far. But, like is aid..the grand scheme is to lower it 3/4-1in all the way around and go for staggered 18's

Back