Thread: Headers for 91 SC

Headers for 91 SC

The headers stock are pitiful, and cant really port them, the cheapest ive seen SC headers were from Supercoupe Performance, and those prices are crazy! My question is....

Can I use 94+ V6 Mustang (aftermarket) headers on my car? I took my heads to the machine shop to get a valve job (also being milled 15 thousanths), and we were comparing them to a set of V6 Mustang headers, and there was practicly no difference (in ports, valves, etc., just the makers of them). So is there any reason why I cannot use headers (Like MAC) made for a mustang on my Supercoupe? Thanks.

Mustang headers will bolt up, but there are some fit issues with the collectors that require one side to be cut and turned.

I hope someone will post the details. I saw info on this here about 6 months ago.

Article on installing shorty headers

http://supercatxr7.freewebspace.com/photo2.html

Thanks for your help! I will be doing this mod for my car

-Will

I need ARP bolts & Gaskets but where??

Where do I get these and what gaskets should I get..Doing this for a freind and dont want to use stock bolts....

Thanks Guys
    They don't call me "SLOWPOKE" for nothin!
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v...vehicle&id=110
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardoa1 View Post
    I love the filter. Its pimp. paper element and 10Mircron filtration, 12" long cause size matters.

Re: I need ARP bolts & Gaskets but where??

Originally posted by Damon Slowpoke Baumann
    Where do I get these and what gaskets should I get..Doing this for a freind and dont want to use stock bolts....

Thanks Guys
    Where do you live? Do you have like a ERW (Engine Rebuilders Warehouse) or a store like that around? They will either carry them or have them next day shipped...try and find a place like this wherever your located.

Will