OEM 1989 LH Wiper

txsc

OEM Blade photos in post near bottom of this page...

I'm looking for an OEM 1989 LH wiper blade assembly. The 89's are different in that the LH blade assembly is longer than the RH assembly. From 1990 and up, the blades are the same length, regardless of side.

I don't need the arm, just the blade assembly. I don't care if the rubber is good, or even there. Doesn't matter what kind of condition it's in cosmetically, since I'll restore it anyway. Just need one that's not bent or missing any tabs or clips.

If you need a photo to see what an original looks like, PM me and I'll send you one for comparison.

Thanks,

JD

PS: I'd buy a RH too, as a spare for my inventory.

Last edited:
I have one.

Actually, I removed both the left and the right to part out the car... but I don't know which one is which.

make an offer and I'll send you both??

Still looking or an OEM LH blade assembly. SOMEONE has to have one on an old parts car, etc.

JD

Here you go. Is in real nice shape other than the paint wearing off. Has the E89S stamped on the back of it, so it should be what you are needing.

Thomas

Attachments

• 89XR7_WiperArm.JPG
    89XR7_WiperArm.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 60
FYI - he doesn't need the "arm"

he wants the head/blade assembly, so basically the piece that clips to that arm you posted. Mine had been replaced with RainX brand "heads" so they didn't work for him

Correct. The blade assembly; the "throw-away" part. Really, just the metal "frame" part of the blade assembly. I can get by with an aftermarket rubber refill (If anyone is looking that close, I'll kick 'em in the @$$!).

The OEM heads are unique, and no aftermarket piece is the same upon close scrutiny. I want to get some before they're ALL gone. Maybe it's too late already...

Thanks,

JD

Ah, gotcha. How can you tell a replacement from an OEM? I sincerely hope that this one didn't have an original one, as I broke it taking it off.

Thomas

Photos Of Original

Attached are photos of my original RH blade assembly. The over-arm is hinged in the middle at the pivot, and is only two pieces. It pinches down a ways after the attachment point, and maintains the smaller cross-section all the way to the end. The end bulges slightly as shown in the photo. Only OEM's are like this. The various aftermarket blades that I've found hinge in multiple points.

Take a look and let me know if you have any. I'm primarily looking for the 89 LH blade, but am interested in either side from 89. Also would be interested in a pair of 90-up blades for inventory.

Thanks!

JD

Attachments

• MVC-010S.JPG
    MVC-010S.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 93
  • MVC-005S.JPG
    MVC-005S.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 82
  • MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
So are you saying the OEM 89 blades are different than the 90+? I've still got the original metal blade on my 92, however the metal ear that is meant to hold the rubber blade in place is broken off....which doesn't matter for most refills. I might have some original pieces on my two 89 XR7's that I could part with, but they are in storage and I have no idea when I will get over there to check.

So are you saying the OEM 89 blades are different than the 90+? I've still got the original metal blade on my 92, however the metal ear that is meant to hold the rubber blade in place is broken off....which doesn't matter for most refills. I might have some original pieces on my two 89 XR7's that I could part with, but they are in storage and I have no idea when I will get over there to check.

Yes, the 89's are different; the LH (drivers) is longer than the RH (passenger). This changed in 90; both are the same length. This makes the 89's unique.

If I could find a pair of 89's with a broken tab, that would be fine. I have a source who can perform microwelding to repair that; no problem. Unfortunately, you 92's are the wrong size for me.

No hurry; whenever you get a chance to check on the XR7's, drop me a note. I have an aftermarket LH on the car now, and it's obviously not too noticeable; except to me. This is just one of the small picky things I'm trying to correct on my car...

Thanks,

JD

Last edited:
Back