~**NEW DYNO DAY DETAILS, VOTING REQUIRED**~

Bill McNeil

In an effort to please as many as possible (although seemingly im-possible), I am going to lay out a new FINAL set of choice for people to vote on. If you intend to vote on a specific choice, this should also be an informal intention to attend and/or stick by the choice you have made, so choose carefully. I don't need people backing out after they have affected the outcome of the vote.

Several people have expressed interest in the A/F measuring device available at Protech Performance in Mississauga, and it seems to be a good, central location to most GTA member, even though the guy who owns the place is not exactly co-operative, but did come around after intense negotiations. Personally, I have been satified with the service provided by Dyno Power Services thus far, but he obviously does not meet everyones needs and is out East compared to most members coming from the West. Also, some have expressed concern with doing the track and the dyno in one day, due to the amount of driving invloved in that day. the reduced track time we would have showing up to the track late in the day, and the wear and tear on the cars all in one day from drag racing and dyno pulls.

At Protech Performance, dyno pulls will cost $50 per car for 2 pulls without A/F equipment, or $80 for 2 pulls with A/F equipment, both which includes a full colour print-out. At Dyno Power, pulls are $40 for 2, with print-out, no A/F equipment.

I think I have covered all the basis hear after hearing what people have had to say, opinions, concerns, wants, needs, complaints etc. I am going to make these choices as easy as possible....and you can choose more than one option, or all three, but vote on at least one. (eg. "I like 1 and 3") Comprende, por favor?

#1/Dyno before the track on the 31st at Protech in Mississauga.

#2/ Do the dyno another day, in September/October at Protech in Mississauaga.

#3/ Do the dyno another day, in September/October back at Dyno Power Services in Scarborough.

Very simple....cast your votes ASAP!!!!!

Either way, we will still be attending the track (St. Thomas) on the 31st ALL DAY as a group. PLEASE CONFIRM YOUR ATTENDANCE FOR THIS ALSO!!!!

Last edited:
Dyno

Door # 3.
I'll be up North for the looooong weekend, so I can't make Track Day.

Last edited:
#2 with A/F

Doubt I'll be ready for the track this month. The air should be colder in Sept/Oct :D

Bill, do you have regular rate for dyno with A/F at Protech? I'll go it alone if no one else is interested.

Door number 3 or door number 2

Don't look for any deals next go around with this guy, after the verbal kaka that Bill took from him I can just imagine what it will be like next time to try to set it up.

I don't have a vote, but since you guys have some problems with service at this other place, Agostino Racing in Ajax is very nice to deal with and have an excellent facility. I'm pretty sure they have the A/F and everything else you need as well.

Give them a call.

Steve,

You just reminded my I have to call Rick at Noyz Boyz about those silicone hose couplers ASAP. I need them for Saturday.

Regarding Augustino, they flow tested my Morana heads before I had the cam speced by Dr. Fred. They are very good to deal with, however, there location is furthest away from most members, and evenings going that direction are a no no.

Mike M,

I had to heckle those prices out of him for the better interest of the group. Normally he is $130/hr. It looks like I will have to cancel this the 31st reservation, so I can't guarantee the price will stay that low for the next appointment. I hope that if we can arrange a weekend dyno at Protech in September that you will be able to attend. Are you coming to the track? Good opportunity.

Looks like #2 will work best for everyone, depending on Protech's availability etc. Worst case, we'll do Augustino on a weekend, or back to good ole Dyno Power with the friendly service we always get, and a better price. We'll vote again later on as to weeknights/weekends.

Keep voting regardless, especially to confirm attendance to the track day on the 31st at St. Thomas Dragway in London. Everyone is welcome, time trials all day, lot of runs guaranteed, only $15!!!

Last edited:
Thursdays . .

For what ever it's worth, if we do it on a weeknight, Thursday are best for me. Friday as an alernative.

I will not be in for the dyno day since Dyno Services can offer 3 pulls for $40 and it's 5 min from my house. I don't care for the A/F reader. You guys have fun....if it's on a weekend I might stop by to say hello.

On that note......I WILL be in for the track day on the 31st. I hope it's nice and cool that day.:)

Thanks for giving some choices Mike, that will help. NO track day for you?

Steve, don't count yourself out yet. When the time comes to announce the Dyno Day, it still may revert back to Dyno Power depending on availability, so I'll keep you posted. Also, details to follow for a meeting place and time for next Saturday at St. Thomas, and I'm glad you're aboard.

I would like to keep participation high rather than have everyone go alone on seperate dates.

#2 or #3 are good for me. Through the week is tough though as I'm usually not home (Oakville) until close to 7pm, and then drive to Scarborough makes it a bit of a rush. Saturdays work best for me, but that's only me.

I'd like to see what my M8 has at the back wheels, compared to what's in the brochure (you don't Ford ever over-rated 32V ever, do you? :) )

As far as drag racing on the 31st, if the weather's okay, count me in. I've been "I'll take it to the track next week-end" all summer long... and now it's the end of August. Time to see what this puppy will do! If anyone's planning a caravan, let me know.

Thanks

Ajax is too far for me as I wanted to bring Lisa & Mikayla. No racing for me until I dyno. I fear I'm down in power since putting the Lightning injectors in. I need to find how my mix is across the range otherwise my run will probably be slower than last time! At least the hard hot start problem has disappeared. It is definitely injector related. I think the old ones may leak when very hot.

Bill McNeil said:
[B
Either way, we will still be attending the track (St. Thomas) on the 31st ALL DAY as a group. PLEASE CONFIRM YOUR ATTENDANCE FOR THIS ALSO!!!! [/B]

Hey Bill, I was wondering this morning ... have you checked with the track about us running time trials this Saturday ? It's a long weekend, so they usually have special events running ... looking at their website, they show an OSCA Street car shootout event running this weekend.

cheers
Ed N.

Bill,

If you've got enough feedback for this track day, let's unstick this from the forum, and you can post a new thread with the final details.

Back