Has anyone tried this. (Intercooler tubes cooling)

J

Joey OKC

Has anyone tried this. (Intercooler tubes cooling)

Here's a thought on possibly running even cooler air into your engine. take a length of metal tubing, the kind that coils and won't kink shut, and coil it around the interior or exterior walls of the upper or maybe lower intercooler tube. then run some sort of cold liquid through it. I not sure what you could run through it to keep it cool...possibly use a small pump to run ice cold water or some other chemical.

Would this have any performance gain, or just restrict more air flow?

Re: Has anyone tried this. (Intercooler tubes cooling)

If you had it on the lower tube on the "outside" it would probably help a little because that tube runs real close to the header. However the space needed to make that happen might be an issue. I wrapped my headers and the lower IC tube with Moroso Header wrap. That keeps the Headers from letting too much heat into the engine bay, and it helps keep the lower IC tube from soaking in heat from the header.

Jason...

Where exactly did you purchase that wrap at? Did you have to order it from somewhere?

Re: Jason...

I got it from a local Hot Rod shop. You can get it online at places like Summit and Jegs. It's Moroso Header wrap. I think it was about $20 per roll and I used 2 rolls and did both headers, the lower IC tube, and the intake tube.

Back