what would you think i got from this (hp/trq)

92sclikenew

well i have stock piping for exhaust no cats no muffler no resonator. also add 10% and ported out about 1/2 the inlet matting surf's and about 1/2 inch side to side of the out let and about an inch up out of the blower 2day. got pics but there on my phone:rolleyes:

well i have stock piping for exhaust no cats no muffler no resonator. also add 10% and ported out about 1/2 the inlet matting surf's and about 1/2 inch side to side of the out let and about an inch up out of the blower 2day. got pics but there on my phone:rolleyes:

could u be a little more clear on what u wrote here. i got lost after "inlet matting surf's" :confused:

thanks dave i was just wondering cuz my launch is so much harder now...

and what i ment by inlet matting surface as in were the inlet of the blower and the plenum meet i took about 1/2 that metal out of that part were the gasket would be....

i guess i make 2nd question on this is ther any gains from porting the early style blower?

Yes...mainly on the inlet. Unfortunatly the early model inlet plenum is very restrictive, even after porting. With some selective cutting and welding it will perform pretty good, but not nearly as good as an MP inlet plenum on a late model case.

David

thanks dave i was just wondering cuz my launch is so much harder now....

i slapped a 5% pulley on my old 90 auto and it would burn the tires everytime i took off. definitely my best bang for the $$ mod.

and yea even tho u can port the early style , i just went ahead and bought a a 94 blower. it has so much more potential.

this seems to be the best street strip style of welded cut porting for early model Im rinning a D port on my 13 sec sc.

%5 pully 42lbs inj ported heads 70 mm tb ported exh manifolds down tubes and thats it oh yeah 89 5 spd cam cut 50 k

that case if from an early model blower (89-93) wow thats a big port lol...

thanks for all the comments any one have any suggestion on how i should do my 2nd blower (witch is stock off the car) the other one all the top blower bolt holes are striped i got it to work but its still giving me trouble so im gonna do the work to the stock blower(one for the car) and just wondering what some of you would suggest as in how to port it.

im also waitin on the belt that fits the 10% cuz im running the stock one i can floor it off the line but once i hit 3000+ rpm's it slips like mad dog and drops boost from 12psi(witch you can here it slipping then also) to a 5-6psi and its makin me mad lol.... but i should have the belt by 2morrow

thanks guys

thanks for all the comments any one have any suggestion on how i should do my 2nd blower (witch is stock off the car) the other one all the top blower bolt holes are striped i got it to work but its still giving me trouble so im gonna do the work to the stock blower(one for the car) and just wondering what some of you would suggest as in how to port it.

save ur time and money and check out the parts 4 sale and pick up a 94/5 blower. i got one for $300 shipped, plenum and blower.

I can make the early case out flow the new case ,
Im not sold on the newer 94-95 case being all that great its harder to make the 94-95 case into a smily face.

because of bolt locations the early case is a easy operation . only thing I like about late case is the rotors are sealed all around and dont have the open v at inlet like eartly ones

this helps keep air in rotors and centrifical force cant push it out less likely to cavitate.
but early case can be modified to fill in this void. its a coin toss but when your doing a ported welded blower the early ones bolt locations give more room to port. not that bolt bosses cant be moved.

would cutting the outlet all the way to the silencers cause probs i was thinking about this last night like hmmm.... and its your option on way case to use and like manny was sayin you can make a early model just as good if not better then late model and tell you the truth the only reason why i would want the late model (imo) for the coated rotors. but i someone gave me one for free i would take it

with the money that a late model case cost i would just put it to a mp blower thats all done up already and by pros....:rolleyes: :eek: ;)

also i thought of will opening up the inlet of the intake and outlet of the last piece of the sc piping inprove anything...

i know this sounds dumb but with what im workin with to what i have done is this something worth getting at...

this seems to be the best street strip style of welded cut porting for early model Im rinning a D port on my 13 sec sc.

%5 pully 42lbs inj ported heads 70 mm tb ported exh manifolds down tubes and thats it oh yeah 89 5 spd cam cut 50 k

were is the blower welded at i cant seem to find it i know its got to be the inlet but i still can see where it was add'd beside that port is BIG:eek: ;)

Back