Cooling Fan Motor Trouble.. Help....

BArtkowsky

Ok, I have a 92 SC. I had repalced the thermostat with a cooler one a while ago unaware that i had to reset the EEC. Well My Cooling fan would rarely come on at one point as far as i know and the temp guage was at the M in Norm. Now the fan doesnt come on unless i unplug the ECT sensor. Well I just replaced the sensor and it is not the sensor. I unplugged the connector for the ECT and the fan came on i then uplugged the fan connector by the fuse block under the hood behind the battery. Now with the ECT unplugged and the fan running, the fan shut off when i unplugged the connector by the fuse block. Fan seems to work good (when the ECT is unplugged) but when i shut the car off the fan makes some slight "whh---hhearing) noises when it is slowing to a stop. Is this normal? I ordered a new fan motor from advance where i work for 70 some dollars with my discount to see if that could be the problem. Should be here by friday. Does anyone know if that could be the problem. I know someone before had mentioned about resistors in the motor going bad. Umm now could the fusible link be bad if the fan ran while the ECT was unplugged? and the fan shut off when i unplugged the connector for the fan near the fuse block (the one that people say tends to melt when the fan goes bad) Could it still be the fusible link? Im thinking either the fan motor is on its way out or the IRCM, but with the slight "Whhh---irring" Noise im thinkin it could be th fan motor. Anyone with experience in this let me know, Thanks alot, Brandon

Also When The ECT is unpluged the Voltmeter read 13.89 volts when put to the high sped and low speed positive terminals, and also with the ECT unplugged the connector near the Fuse panel tested the same between the male connector and the ground on the battery. Nothing when ECT Plugged in. Could it be the fan motor or the IRCM the fan spins freely and doesnt make any noise untill it is slowing down to stop when the ECT is plugged back in. Frustrating, Let me tell u what...

Also When I unplug the ECT sensor and the fan kicks on the whole engine drops rpm doesnt stall out just drops rpm's to reallly low.

Back